• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T release date?

My guess is the between the first and third weeks of April. The Lumia 900 launches March 18th so they need to give it a little breathing room, and not suffocate unsuspecting consumers with overwhelming choices. although I am guessing the price points will be slightly mis-matched. Sooner the better in my eyes :)

Upvote 0
A couple of sites have reported the Euro version would be showing up across the pond in early April, and that the US at&t version would be hitting in the early part of the Summer!

I really hope that the at&t version doesn't take that long! But if history has shown us anything it's that there is usually a 3-4 month window from the time an Android phone announcement happens, to when it actually releases in the US. This way of doing things is terrible, and all these manufacturers should have learned from Apple already! Make an announcement, and them 2 weeks later follow through with a release.

Upvote 0
they will lose a ton of customers if they go that route...I will bombard their facebook page with messages...Last phone I bought was the Atrix, announced at CES and launched a month later...that is 100% ok with me...3-4 months...no thank you. HTC will go right down the tubes if they pull this off in the USA

Upvote 0
I predict that it would be released sooner in the U.S. only because they had a branded AT&T phone already and the announcement was already made. They also have a dedicated HTC website devoted to the AT&T version. Usually when AT&T pulls the "months later delay after Europe" scheme, you typically don't see all of this already being done and in fact oftentimes AT&T won't even mention it. Look at the HTC Vivid and how it made it's way to AT&T - months after release in Asia - and there was no real announcement made with AT&T prior - only speculation.

But I'll not pass anything by AT&T. lol

Upvote 0
they answered in very timely fashion on their FB wall stating that the One series would begin shipping in April with global availability in Q2...No specifics other than that...hopefully the US gets in on that early April shipment :D

That is so annoying. Q2 could mean the end of June. I don't see what the big deal is about just saying when the phone will be out.

Upvote 0
That is so annoying. Q2 could mean the end of June. I don't see what the big deal is about just saying when the phone will be out.

I agree, I'm tired of the ambiguity involved in giving a phone a simple release "time frame". We don't need an exact day yet, but give us something to plan around other than Q2. Just saw on another forum that AT&T is field testing the device and based on previous phones that puts the One X on par for a Mid May release. I am sure we will hear rumor after rumor until an official announcement is made. May will not be a deal breaker for me, but anything longer might. Like everyone else interested in this sleek device, a roundabout date from the manufacturer would be nice!!

Upvote 0
I agree, I'm tired of the ambiguity involved in giving a phone a simple release "time frame". We don't need an exact day yet, but give us something to plan around other than Q2. Just saw on another forum that AT&T is field testing the device and based on previous phones that puts the One X on par for a Mid May release. I am sure we will hear rumor after rumor until an official announcement is made. May will not be a deal breaker for me, but anything longer might. Like everyone else interested in this sleek device, a roundabout date from the manufacturer would be nice!!

Its Amazing...Apple for years has been giving us 2 week time frames, along with an exact date after they announce any of they're devices. Meanwhile for as long as I can remember, mostly all announced Android devices take months to become available after an announcement. I agree that an exact date (while great) is not 100% needed, but at least saying the month a device will be available is needed at this point.

Upvote 0
I hope AT&T releases the One X soon because I just returned my Note and I'm dying here. I'm tempted to get the Vivid to hold me over until the One X comes out!!! How true are the rumors of the delay because of the manufacturing chip delay?? I really hope its mid-April to May like shea-bird says!!!

I'm goin with late May/early June!

Reason 1- Note just launched and doing very well.

Reason 2- The Galaxy Skyrocket HD is due out very very soon.

Reason 3, and most important - Chip issues are prob true! And if they are, HTC is not going to allow a phone with issues to be released stateside by at&t...HTC has alot riding on the One series.

Upvote 0
There are a lot of variables, but HTC also said it wanted a near simultaneous global launch. Whether or not the manufacturing issues are true is yet to be seen. HTC is holding a press conference in april and I suspect the ATT version will follow shortly after. I would hope that means a mid April-May release date. The thing is, no one knows for sure and until we get some concrete data, it is all just speculation. Here's to hoping its sooner than later. like the rest of you I am ready for an upgrade and patiently waiting :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones