• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] [RESOLVED] [ AT&T ] [ SUPPORT ] Seeking OFFICIAL/STOCK ROOTED

AKENATON

Mar 3, 2013
Does anybody knows where can I get a hold of an Official Stock Rom that has been Rooted and has included ClockWorkMod.

Preferably one that has all of the above in a single downloadable file.

Being that I am a noob on this whole thing, I should be specific; I am looking to find one of those ROMS that doesn't even make your counter go up and show that u have modified the phone and then find yourself in the need of buying that APP called triangle away.

My goal is to gain Root Access, be able to use TitaniumBackup, and take advantage of the whole system backups from CWM till I'm familiar w/ this phone and I gain a better understanding of this whole deal of Rooting, ROMs, Nandroid Backups and stuff like that.

I have ODIN and KIES ready to go, pretty much just looking for a reliable source of information that can point me in the direction of a ROM/Kernel that's clean and safe.

I have done this before w/ a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0....... So I. an say I am not completely a green horn.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers! :beer:

Thanks you guys.

I appreciate it.

I'll browse the XDA forums for a stock rooted Rom w/ CWM included.

I was just looking to be able to return it to AT&T for a warranty claim (in case it breaks down some time from now)

Special thanks to: MercilessTD for taking the time to find that XDA thread and post the link to it.

Upvote 0
Hello guys.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your help.

That link privided by MercilessLTD was just great. It has all the info a newbie like me could need, its very thorough.

So I have finally got around to do it and flashed my phone with very little effort.

Now I just have to figure out the app that are safe to "freeze" w/ Ti-Bu without compromising the reliability and stability of the phone.

I have been fiddling with such thing and I am not sure what I have done but sometimes when I'm using Google maps for GPS navigation the screen goes black. But I can still see the green area at top of screen that tells you what's the next turn coming, and the voice prompts still work as normal..... but the screen goes black after a few minutes of continuous use.

Again, thanks for your help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones