• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] [ROM][JB:CM10:HYBRID] [HTC ONE X] PARANOIDANDROID Evita v2.12

untitled-1lqk9o.png

op-1_galaxys2.png

op-2_galaxys2.png

paranoid_notab.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to Cyanogenmod

paranoid_instructions.png

• Make sure you are flashing from a SAFE recovery, Otherwise Odin EL26 before wiping.
  • CWM: Wipe Data/Factory
  • Install ROM: HERE
  • Install Gapps: Here
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot

paranoid_hints.png

OK so I went ahead and flashed this ROM and it is freaking awesome. I was previously using CM10 JB 4.1.2 which was great and this one is even better, BUT the lockscreen shortcuts won't save. I tried rebooting after designating my shortcuts and still they don't save. Help please! I love this ROM and don't want to change but not having my shortcuts on the lockscreen is a deal breaker.

Edit: Nevermind. I saw my mistake after switching back to CM10 that in slider shortcuts u need to hit save in bottom right, so I flashed back to this ROM went to slider shortcuts and hit save. In phablet mode, the save icon is way top right and didn't see it first time around OOPS :-/.

Note: slider shortcuts DO NOT SAVE direct contact/Dial/message shortcuts. Please fix. I understand you're busy and greatly appreciate all the work you guys put into this ROM. Its awesome!

Reactions: titaniumzte
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones