• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Root help please?

Definitely a noob when it comes to rooting, always jailbroke every device I had. I've tried to follow an article on androidauthority, it said it was rooting, and it rebooted my phone a few times only to find it still didn't have root acces. Can anyone point me in the right direction on the most recent updated root method for my AT&T One X? It's on version 1.85. Thanks to anyone in advance.

Upvote 0
WOW.... Went to unlocking link... Read it.. did a little research on adb and sdk... And sadly I'm just not advanced enough to even try something like that. I mean that's freaking ridiculous.. I would literally need someone sitting right next to me trying to explain to me like I'm a 4 year old haha.... Although it makes me extremely upset, I guess I have no choice but to pass on unlocking my One X's true potential.... :(

Also, something don't quite make sense to me... In order to root my phone, I need to unlock bootloader... But in order to unlock bootloader, one of the first thing it says is I need to have root.... This process is complicated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones