Root [AT&T] Root & Ringtones

D

Deleted User

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to keep selected contact ringtones with the contact permanently. Pull extsd card, or reboot phone, and the attached ringtones become unattached. Very frustrating to me, as i have a lot of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:(

Rukbat

Extreme Android User
Put the ringtone into internal ringtone memory. I've never looked into the srive layout of an S3, but see if there's a Ringtones or mp3 folder in internal memory. (There's some internal folder that the ringtones that come with the phone are kept in.)

D

Deleted User

Put the ringtone into internal ringtone memory. I've never looked into the srive layout of an S3, but see if there's a Ringtones or mp3 folder in internal memory. (There's some internal folder that the ringtones that come with the phone are kept in.)

O.K., so if i put those ringtones into that folder, they will all be saved to their corresponding contacts?:thinking:

D

Deleted User

Are you talking about the "system" folder, or the built-in sdcard, as opposed to the extsd card? I have FX File Explorer w/root, so i can pretty much get into any files.:thinking:

GTWalling

Android Expert
Are you talking about the "system" folder, or the built-in sdcard, as opposed to the extsd card? I have FX File Explorer w/root, so i can pretty much get into any files.:thinking:

I keep mine on the Internal SD in a folder named Ringtones and have no problems once set up.

D

Deleted User

I keep mine on the Internal SD in a folder named Ringtones and have no problems once set up.

Upgrading my rom, and wiping the DALVIK cache, deleted all my attached contact ringtones. Figured it out, and problem solved.:p