• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Root & Ringtones

D

Deleted User

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to keep selected contact ringtones with the contact permanently. Pull extsd card, or reboot phone, and the attached ringtones become unattached. Very frustrating to me, as i have a lot of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:(

Put the ringtone into internal ringtone memory. I've never looked into the srive layout of an S3, but see if there's a Ringtones or mp3 folder in internal memory. (There's some internal folder that the ringtones that come with the phone are kept in.)

O.K., so if i put those ringtones into that folder, they will all be saved to their corresponding contacts?:thinking:

Upvote 0
Put the ringtone into internal ringtone memory. I've never looked into the srive layout of an S3, but see if there's a Ringtones or mp3 folder in internal memory. (There's some internal folder that the ringtones that come with the phone are kept in.)

Are you talking about the "system" folder, or the built-in sdcard, as opposed to the extsd card? I have FX File Explorer w/root, so i can pretty much get into any files.:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones