• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] [Rooted] Update issues with 4.4

joshyua

Lurker
Dec 3, 2013
So, my phone prompted to upgrade to kitkat, so i did. However, after installed and reboot, my HTC One is stuck at a blue screen with small horizontal lines all over, a blue, teal like color. Anyone know what is going on? I manually convert my phone to the HTC one Google Play Edition btw.
I can still reboot holding the power and volume down to get to the boot menu. this phone was purchased as a AT&T, then I unlocked it followed online instructions. It was working perfectly until now. I can still enter the recovery TWRP menu.
the phone is also not charging, the LED light is not on.

Please help!!!

Yeah as said, you can't flash an OTA with a custom Recovery, you'll either need to return to Stock or flash a custom ROM.

Just flash Android Revolution HD, you've already got a custom Recovery so you might aswell flash a custom ROM.

maxumus hd has been updated to a kitkat base as well. as was said here,flasing a custom rom is the best way to update a rooted phone.

the OTA is not magical and will not give you anything different than the rom will :)

Upvote 0
maxumus hd has been updated to a kitkat base as well. as was said here,flasing a custom rom is the best way to update a rooted phone.

the OTA is not magical and will not give you anything different than the rom will :)

you'll be missing the firmware update but that's easy to solve also. hboot on the new developer edition is at 1.56.000. theirs also a new radio (also easy to flash if you just want that)

after installing 4.4 and finding it broke my custom transparent folders and launcher it only took me a day to release their not enough benefits over 4.3 sense 5.5 to be worth it at this point. So I'm back to InsertCoin 6.0.5 for now

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
there are not any advantages to the new hboot(and some wierd quirks as hadron and i have found :eek:),and if you want the new radio,id install all the firmware to match it,wich is a bit more complicated of an explnation,since flashing only "firmware.zip" from the OTA package is only changing what is different from 4.3.

flashing only the radio,or only the firmware.zip may end up with a mix and match combo the leaves performance worse than it was before with an older set of matching firmware.

we can go over some ways to update in either s on or s off scenario,but well need to know your current build/hboot and wether your s on or s off. for now,flashing the rom only will stop the OTA nags and get you the benefits of the new OS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones