1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[AT&T] Rooting Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheGlitch, Oct 13, 2014.

1. TheGlitch

TheGlitch Lurker

I got my phone used from the previous owner who didn't tell me they had rooted the phone. I know zilch about rooting a phone. So I would like to root it and find out as much information as i can and get help. Idk how the person rooted it before Odin program or what. Does it have to be "re-rooted" with the same program the previous owner used or can i choose a program i like? So lost any info would be very helpful. thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

I'm moving your thread over to the AT&T root forum, so it gets the right audience :)
    If your phone is rooted already, you don't really need to re-root it.

Let's start with - How do you know that your phone was/is rooted? Is it currently rooted?

3. TheGlitch

TheGlitch Lurker

That would be great! Well the person "de-rooted" it or whatever when they gave it to me. I didn't know it was rooted till i noticed the phone had a super user app installed and when i restarted the phone it had an unlocked padlock symbol and then a safestrap thing came up asking to continue or something. But when i used an app to see if its rooted it says no. and i can't get the new software updates, its still stuck on 4.2.2. I dont know anything about rooting so i haven't done anything but i've decided i'd like to go ahead and root but i dont want to screw my phone up.

4. Can0dope

Can0dope Android Enthusiast

XDA is the best place for answers regarding the S4. But I'll try to help if you can supply a little more info. What's your based band version?

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews