• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] S3 help

dmcjr22

Android Expert
Jul 13, 2012
Syracuse Ny
i just got att galaxy s3 and want to root it obviously but got a cpl questions maybe you can answer. Looking at this thread Rogers/ATT Galaxy S3 Root/Recovery Guide - xda-developers and wondering if i should install cwm first in order to make unrooted stock image first? Also its running 4.1.2 no sim card yet cuz flashing it to h20 eventually so should i wait to root because once i get actual network im assuming ill get 4.3 update and wont the 4.3 update break root? Thanks in advance

i just got att galaxy s3 and want to root it obviously but got a cpl questions maybe you can answer. Looking at this thread Rogers/ATT Galaxy S3 Root/Recovery Guide - xda-developers and wondering if i should install cwm first in order to make unrooted stock image first? Also its running 4.1.2 no sim card yet cuz flashing it to h20 eventually so should i wait to root because once i get actual network im assuming ill get 4.3 update and wont the 4.3 update break root? Thanks in advance

I'd make the backup if you ever want to go back to stock and I don't think that have a root fix for 4.3 so I wouldn't upgrade I hear its full of bugs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones