1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AT&T S3 Unlock request unsuccessful

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jgoffe10, Dec 6, 2013.

1. jgoffe10

jgoffe10 Lurker

I bought an AT&T S3 on eBay for my wife a couple weeks ago, knowing that they share the same GSM technology as T-Mobile, my current carrier. The unlock code was given to the seller, then given to me but I get a "network unlock request unsuccessful". I have 4.1.2 and have read you have to downgrade to 4.1.1 in order to use the method of dialing "*#197328640#" and accessing the menus. I don't want to downgrade b/c it looks extremely difficult. Cell Phone Repair (company) says I have to get AT&T to send me a written document to unlock it...seriously? Can someone please point me in the right direction to unlock my S3. I've called AT&T and they've said they can't really do anything. Please help!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Look on eBay for unlock code sellers.

3. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

OR............ you can get the free way to do this if you search XDA. No need to pay for this ;)

If you have any issues finding it, let me know. PM me. My S3 is currently on T-Mobile and can be used on either AT&T or T-Mobile at will.

EDIT: go here...... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2176719

4. jgoffe10

jgoffe10 Lurker

This was one of my 1st stops, but you have to be running 4.1.1 and i'm running 4.1.2. I do NOT want to downgrade because i've researched what's needed to do that and i'm not comfortable doing it. I would rather pay someone to do it for me.

5. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

hmmmmmmmm..............

I have 4.1.2 on my AT&T phone and it works 100% for me. Your decision though.................

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews