1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [AT&T] S4 (I337/MF3) now experiencing serious lag

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by razz2525, Jan 3, 2014.

1. razz2525

razz2525 Newbie
    None

Sep 13, 2013
    Female
    West Palm Beach, FL
    My phone is rooted but now is slower than it was when it wasn't rooted. I'm now experiencing serious lag, from the opening screen when I enter my passcode (buttons don't respond) to checking email and even now, widgets are disappearing. My Chronus widget on my homescreen disappears once every day even when I lock the homescreen. I am currently using Perfect Launcher. Perhaps this is the problem? Even my alarm has stopped working. I usually have the sound turned off on my phone at night in Blocking Mode but my alarm still sounds since I set those alarm volume settings. I left the sound on last night but still the alarm went off, but no sound. Even the Bluetooth is dropping. I'm on a call in the car and the Bluetooth suddenly stops so that I hear nothing until I realize the person is still talking. I know that rooting can sometimes make the phone unstable but it was fine for over a week.

Could it also be that I have too many apps moved over to the SD card? I think an app, ES Task Manager or File Explorer, has been moving apps over to my SD card. It prompts me by saying it's taking a lot of memory so I agree, but that's when I started noticing the phone start to degrade when apps were either moved to the SD card or moved out of my startup.

Ideas? The Alarm and Bluetooth thing is really odd. I never experienced this before rooting.

Btw, I also flashed a CWM Recovery to the phone when I shouldn't have (since there's no recovery available for the bootloader being locked on the MF3 build - perhaps I just need to flash back to stock MF3 using Odin but the recovery mode shouldn't affect phone performance... should it?)

Advertisement

2. Straydog

Straydog Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 23, 2013
    Western Europe
    Startup apps, widgets and most links may disappear when they are on the SD card. The other problems are probably from rooting and you better try on the rooting forum Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android Forums for S4.

3. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Moved to the root forum for better visibility.

4. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    I doubt it's a direct result of Root... maybe a result of a program installed after rooting.

Does rebooting change anything?

go into settings application manager and see how much memory is available, and what programs are running. any programs that you don't recognize?

maybe try using a battery program like GSAM, and see what programs are using a lot of juice....it may be running the CPU a lot

5. electricpete

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    make sure that your CPU power saving mode is off, also

6. electricpete

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    if the phone gets slow when running some of those programs on your SD card, been thinking about moving those programs back to phone