1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

AT&T S7 on T mobile?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by barbarella20722, Sep 6, 2017.

1. barbarella20722

None

Sep 6, 2017
    I'm currently dealing with the arduous process of trying to get the unlock code from AT&T for my Galaxy S7E. Once I've unlocked it I plan to use it on T Mobile, which I switched to a few weeks ago. I've read that a lot of people have had issues running these devices on their network. Lovely. I've seriously considered rooting my phone just because of all the bloatware, it drives me nuts! I've rooted one phone to date and it was a pretty easy process. That being said, I still have some researching to do before I commit. So I have two questions; 1) will rooting my S7E allow me to configure it to work better with TM network? 2) what would be the best rooting software to run on my S7E SM-G935A 7.0?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    I'm not sure that rooting would solve your problem. It's a hardware issue where different carriers use different transmission processes and their phones are specifically built for these. Hopefully one of the more expert gurus on the website can explain the precise limitations.

3. barbarella20722

None

Sep 6, 2017
    Yeah, I was afraid the proprietary hardware might be an issue. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.