• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Samsung Galaxy S4 gets sizable software upgrade

Just read here that I should be expecting att to push an upgrade to my phone, and that it will include Samsung Knox security software and a new locked bootloader.

My phone is rooted, and I am worried that this update will jack things up. At least it would on the Iphones, I am relatively new to the android platform. I mainly rooted, because I wanted to set up a few tasker tasks. I haven't played with any roms yet. Should I not upgrade? does it un root your phone?

Yea if you want to stay rooted and to install ROMs, do not get this. Both exploits are confirmed to be patched. New exploits may be found, but no telling how long it may take. And if you are rooted, you can install a custom recovery and ROM and get the apps to SD card from an existing ROM

I currently have a rooted GS4, and I tried to get the software update just because I thought the Apps 2 SD feature was worth it. I completed the download, then at 26% of installation, it said Update Failed and rebooted. What do I do now?

Edit: I tried updating again and it download then also stopped at 26% and said update failed. I really want this update, what do u do?

Screenshot_2013_07_11_18_53_58.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones