1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support At&t samsung galaxy s4 i337 not booting into os

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dgilman101, Jan 11, 2014.

1. dgilman101

dgilman101 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    Hello there! I recently had purchased a Samsung Galaxy s4. I did not really enjoy touchwiz. I really wanted Google Play Edition. Anyways, my phone is stuck in ODIN mode with a message saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!" I know that you can enter download mode and hit cancel to boot. But, my issue is different. Listen. I got safestrap on my s4, and it worked perfectly. I backed up my phone and installed Google Play Edition on the STOCK slot. Turned out, Google Play Edition would not boot up so I went back into safestrap and added a new rom slot. Then I restored my firmware on that slot. I left the stock slot not working... Then I uninstalled safestrap at boot up, not thinking about the stock rom. THIS IS THE BIG MISTAKE. I then rebooted my phone, and I get odin with the error message. I can't get into recovery settings or safestrap of course. I am now stuck with no options on my phone. I try to go to download mode and hit cancel. This did not boot up my phone, only my Google Play Edition which was not working. Now I can't change my rom slot. All I want to do now is go back to touchwiz. I want to restore my phone, but how? I would really appreciate your help!

I was running android 4.3 jellybean on MF3 so I can't load TWRP.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    I'd suggest that you go to XDA and ask for help in the S$ forum for your carrier. Someone may have a package of files you can Odin to your phone to get back to 4.2.x.

3. dgilman101

dgilman101 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014
    am i allowed to go back from 4.3 to 4.2.2. right now it doesnt matter to me.

4. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Male
    EarthCaust Photography, Volunteer, Enviromental Re
    UK- Edinburgh, Brazil - 2 hrs from Rio de Janeiro
    Its impossible to go back too 4.2 from 4.3. No one has found a way yet. If you was rooted and on a old unlocked bootloader its easier. But most of them are now locked

5. dgilman101

dgilman101 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2014