1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[AT&T] Screen stays on while charging (and phone is off)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rico ANDROID, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

Developer Option : Screen Stays On is unchecked. When the device is turned off and plugged into the usb charge cable, the screen ligts up with the zero-power gray battery graphic.

After an over night charge - the screen never goes off, the battery status never changed and the device will not turn by pressing the power button

Work around: Currently taking the battery out then replacing the battery. The screen then goes black, pwer button works and the LiquidSmooth animated bootup appears. Phone shows a 100% charge, etc.

Any suggestions how to get this to work normal?

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JimW2010

JimW2010 Lurker

I am having the same issue with my Note 2. I had flashed a few ROMs, one of them being Liquid Smooth. I am running DN3 now and still have the issue. I'm wondering if there is a kernel that is causing the problem. I thought I had seen a thread about re-flashing a battery, or charging kernel, but can't find it now. have you had any luck finding a solution?

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  3. Rico ANDROID

Hi Jim, I recenlty received an update to LS-KK-Milestone-3.2 where the issue in this version is resolved! Woo hoo!. Do you have your setting to "Check For Updates". If so, install it and it all good!

4. JimW2010

JimW2010 Lurker

Thanks for the info. I tried LiquidSmooth but ended up going with DittoNote3. I guess the problem occurred when I was trying different ROMS. It's not that big of a deal. I seldom turn the phone off, I just reboot it every morning. Just one of those little quirks that make me feel I have to conquer it. It may just stay this way till I start playing with the thing again. Thanks again

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  5. Rico ANDROID

You're quite welcome. Please feel free to share your rom experience!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews