• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AT&T SGH-I777 Galaxy S2 with Straight Talk Sim Firmware issues

UAHMCrafty

Lurker
Feb 19, 2013
sooooo....i have a SGH-I777 AT&T samsung Galaxy S2 with a straight talk sim card. and i was using kies on an old computer (pc xpsp3) and when it went to update the firmware to ICS it stayed stuck on 0% foreverrrrrr. now my phone has the yellow triangle on it n its stuck sayng firmware upgrade encountered an issue. I went to do emergency recover in kies and it went thru the same process and got stuck on 0% again in the recovery......any ideas? i have a Mac at home using OSX Lion 10.7.5 but i cant get it to recognize my device either. what should i do to get my phone back to the way it was or get ICS on it.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums!

If your intention is to get your phone updated and you can get it into download mode, I'd probably try and go directly to a JB rom. I have the SuperNexus ROM on mine and it works very well indeed.

On a Mac, you'll need to use different tools. This might give you an idea of the process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones