1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AT&T SIM cards back at Straight Talk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SlyFerret, Aug 13, 2013.

1. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast

Hi Folks,
    I happened to notice a banner add for Straight Talk on another forum today. It said something about their BYOP program being back. I clicked through, and it looks like AT&T SIM cards are back at Straight Talk now!

Shop | Straight Talk

I managed to get an AT&T SIM card from them a few months before they disappeared, so I haven't actually tried to order one.

If you do order one, they are offering free overnight shipping through the end of the month, according to their web site if you click on the "Buy AT&T SIM" button.

-SF

(I'm not affiliated with ST in any way, but I use their service with my Nexus 4. I thought I would mention it because I've seen a few other threads where people were trying to get their hands on AT&T SIM cards from ST.)

2. brandonok

brandonok Newbie

I've already paid for 6 months of straight talk service, would they let me switch my tmobile card to att

3. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I'm not sure if they would give you the card for free, but you can buy the card and transfer your existing number and service to it.

4. kalaster

kalaster Android Enthusiast

Really!?!? I just switched to net 10 hoping to get the closest thing possible to straight talk, and now they have att back XD

5. SlyFerret

Good thing its prepaid! You can switch anytime!
    -SF

6. Traelyn

Traelyn Member

Do you use the SIM or the Micro SIM card for the Nexus 4?

7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

The Nexus 4 takes a Micro Sim.

8. Hi everyone,

It is true that the micro circuits layout are different between standard and micro SIM cards?

So even if you cut a standard SIM card to a size of a micro SIM card, the standard card will not work in a device designed for a micro card ...

Regards

9. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

No it's not true. I have used both a cut down standard card in a Nexus 4 and a micro-SIM in plastic "adapter" in a Motorola Milestone that needs a standard SIM. They both worked perfectly.

10. wavefan

wavefan Newbie

I regularly use my old sim (trimmed) in both standard (with an adapter) and micro devices.

Sounds like the above comment would come from a carrier/supplier to protect sales. Sheesh!:mad:

11. SlyFerret

If you don't trust yourself to cut the SIM card with scissors carefully enough, you can buy a SIM card cutter for about $5 on Amazon. They look kind of like a small stapler. I have one here because I needed to accurately cut a few dozen SIM cards at the office for test devices last year.

On another note, not only are the AT&T SIM cards back at Straight Talk, now Straight Talk is supporting AT&T's LTE network too!

I called and talked to Straight Talk last week and they tell me that existing customers will need to buy a new AT&T LTE capable SIM and swap their number over. Apparently the older AT&T SIM cards can't be used for LTE service.

-SF

12. joeblackis

joeblackis Member

How do you know if it is an older sim ? or newer sim?

Also, I noticed today that walmart.com has the ATT micro straighttalk sims for 6.88 free instore pickup!

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews