1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[AT&T] Soft-Bricked? Cannot get past boot screen after Odin flash. :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sianspheric, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Sianspheric

Sianspheric Lurker

Hi guys,

Was trying to install a ROM last night in CWM Recovery, then I was having some difficulty, after each ROM swipe I was doing the Factory Wipe/Dalvik Cache Wipe/Cache Wipe in CWM Recovery. I eventually got fed up and wanted to go back to the stock ROM (rooted though).

I ended up having to try and flash the pre-rooted Stock ROM for my carrier (found on XDA), I used Odin 3.07 to flash it and in Odin it appeared to work fine, the phone was rebooting and Odin was in "Pass" mode, but the phone never gets beyond the Samsung boot screen.

I then tried to see if I could flash CWM Recovery in Odin and try and get into Recovery mode, it flashed fine in Odin and the device rebooted but still stuck in Samsung boot screen.... but I cannot get into Recovery mode manually, I even tried getting in via the Q3 Toolbox kit, and it says it cannot locate the device :/

So today, last desperate option, I tried flashing the un-rooted stock image for my carrier (Rogers), it seemed to work fine in Odin but it STILL just will not boot back up, still stuck in the Samsung boot screen.

Is this what a brick is? Beyond continually trying to re-flash the stock carrier MD5 via Odin, what can I do? Oddly enough the phone does recognize in the Q3 Toolbox for the Root options, just not for the Reboot into Recovery option. Is there something I can try in the Q3 Toolbox?

/Scared / really concerned

Please help, any help is appreciated.

Once again, I CANNOT get into CWM Recovery.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Android Enthusiast

Some steps might be unnecessary but this way I got a friends S3 back from a "soft brick" - which essentially is a boot loop.

1. In Recovery > Wipe Data/Factory Reset (3 Times !!)
    2. In Recovery > Wipe Cache Partition (3 Times !!)
    3. Install Stock Rom using Odin (PDA mode !!)
    4. Repeat #1 and #2

I don't know why - but doing #1 and #2 only twice didn't work but 3 times did "without fail" ..

Good luck ..

3. AzHavicx

AzHavicx Newbie

Did you get your phone out of the boot loop?? If not I can help..

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews