1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AT&T Unlocked Phone on T-Mobile Network? Possible issues? SM-N960U

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by afroag, Sep 14, 2020.

1. afroag

afroag Newbie

So I bought a Note 9 listing off swappa. This listing: https://swappa.com/listing/view/LUJK37602

SM-N960U he said unlocked bought it through T Mobile. I just opened and turned it on and to my surprise it has the ATT firmware. I am very livid because when someone says "bought through T-Mobile" what I think is that this is a TMobile phone.

WHile I wait for him to get back to me, what are the consequences of running an AT&T unlocked phone on TMobile network. I am actually on MetroPCS. But its operated by TMobile. Will I still be able to use the phone like a TMobile phone? What features will I miss. VoLTE? roaming on US Cellular?

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If the phone is unlocked legitimately, then there should be no issues.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. afroag

afroag Newbie

Well I cannot send SMS despite having the right Metro APN settings. He said the phone got profiled to AT&T when he inserted an AT&T sim card into it. I don't have a TMobile sim for this

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If you are 100% sure your APN settings are correct, then I would suspect that your Metro sim is not provisioned properly. The AT&T "profile" is really just setting up the APN settings and downloading a couple crapware apps that are completely removable. I've been an AT&T customer for years and their phones are vanilla GSM handsets that have never had any issues working with other carriers.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews