• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T UNLOCKED SGH-I747 4.1.1 shows no OS updates

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I just purchased my first andriod phone : a new UNLOCKED AT&T Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) running 4.1.1 and using it on the t-mobile network...

When I try to update the OS (from the AT&T servers- only option from phone), I receive "no updates are available"
When I try to update the OS using KIES, I receive "current OS is 4.1.1 - your version is 4.1.1 - No update available"

Is there any way to update the OS to at least 4.3? I have heard updates to 4.3 have been rolled-out for some time now for AT&T as well as T-Mobile.

Also, I'd like to be able to use WiFi calling (since I am using this phone with t-mobile). Is there a way to do this?? Can I use a modified ROM for t-moble handsets? I'm pretty sure the AT&T S3 and the t-moble S3 use the same dual-core CPU and hardware...

Thanks for any help you can provide. Cheers!

1) First read the 4.3 horror stories all over the web. You may not want to update.

2) It's an AT&T phone. Unlocked or not, it'll only update OTA (over the air) when registered on the AT&T network.

3) Wifi calling is a function of both the hardware in the TMobile phone and the TMobile network. Since you have an AT&T phone you can't do Wifi calling.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones