• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AT&T Version - Does not Start Correctly (Hit or Miss)

[I am posting this in the general section just in case people from other vendors are having the same problem]

Last night I forgot to plug in my phone, and due to the idle power consumption it died. Usually not a problem, but now when I try to restart it it brings me to my lock screen.

In the lock screen, the top bar is not visible. When I put in my swipe code, the screen goes black. If I hold the side buttons I get the power options (Silent Mode, Restart, Power Off, etc). Occasionally, I can get the sound bar, and sometimes the top bar with only the battery indicator to come in.

I have tried restarting multiple times (with the power options / with pulling out the battery), but to no avail.

I also tried restarting without the SIM card. The first time I tried, the OS worked without a hitch (other than not having the SIM card). Silly me, I restarted it, and now it has the same error with and without the SIM card.

I think I installed an official update about two weeks ago. I run Ubuntu on my laptop, and I have Android SDK two months ago, but only used it briefly two months ago. I have not rooted the phone.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Or does anyone have a suggestion of what to do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones