• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Worth rooting the Rogers Galaxy S3?

KD35isaBeast

Jan 22, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to rooting as I've done it extensively on my Galaxy S2. However, it was a phone I had purchased, versus the S3, which I have bought on a plan through my carrier. I fear the risk of bricking more so in this case because my parents purchased it for me. Being a student, I don't want to burden them with any extra costs of replacing it and what not so I would like to know what you guys think regarding my dilemma.

I still have the inherent fear of bricking it
Rooting doesn't brick phones. Users changing things on rooted phones brick them.
old.gif

Do a Nandroid Backup in ClockworkMod Recovery and use Titanium Backup for every system app you uninstall and you should be able to recover from just about any mistake you make.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones