• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aekhhi

Jul 10, 2010
Curious.. because I've been reading... is at&t getting this phone? I like the Aria... I'd be coming from an unlocked blackberry storm *I've had a blackberry since 2006 or 2007.. whenever the first pearl came out to tmobile.. I unlocked it lol* ... but I'm reading different things and I feel like I should wait to see what else is coming out. I kept hearing that at&t might get this phone.. can anyone confirm anything or give any insight?

Curious.. because I've been reading... is at&t getting this phone? I like the Aria... I'd be coming from an unlocked blackberry storm *I've had a blackberry since 2006 or 2007.. whenever the first pearl came out to tmobile.. I unlocked it lol* ... but I'm reading different things and I feel like I should wait to see what else is coming out. I kept hearing that at&t might get this phone.. can anyone confirm anything or give any insight?

To be honest m8 if you have been with blackberrys that long you may have a shock with other phones, the blackberry is after all the best phone when it comes to emails.
Apple, HTC, Nokia etc are not as good at linking up to email accounts.
If you are not fussed about emails then the desire or i think its the incredible in the USA is a very good phone.

Upvote 0
To be honest m8 if you have been with blackberrys that long you may have a shock with other phones, the blackberry is after all the best phone when it comes to emails.
Apple, HTC, Nokia etc are not as good at linking up to email accounts.
If you are not fussed about emails then the desire or i think its the incredible in the USA is a very good phone.

I've heard K-9 Mail is good with email. I like how its set up too. my dad has a motorola droid so I've been playing around on his phone to see if I like it or not. I'd be getting a HTC Aria, since I'm on at&t. but I keep running into problems with my blackberry storm now. I have mixed feelings on switching phones. my phone now has problems with memory. I can install so many apps until I'm low on memory and then it starts freezing up to the point where I can't unlock it and have to do a battery pull on it. I also know blackberry isn't coming out with that many phones that are touch screen right now and I like touch screen phones. For me, as long as I could get my one yahoo email, my one hotmail email, and the email I use for my internship, I'd be happy. I also heard with the aria I think you set push times for the email... instant, 15 minutes, etc. The other thing that is making me stop right now is the fact that at&t has no unlimited data plans now. It's either 200mb, or 2gb. I'd be losing the unlimited data plan I have with blackberry for either one of those.

Upvote 0
I've heard K-9 Mail is good with email. I like how its set up too. my dad has a motorola droid so I've been playing around on his phone to see if I like it or not. I'd be getting a HTC Aria, since I'm on at&t. but I keep running into problems with my blackberry storm now. I have mixed feelings on switching phones. my phone now has problems with memory. I can install so many apps until I'm low on memory and then it starts freezing up to the point where I can't unlock it and have to do a battery pull on it. I also know blackberry isn't coming out with that many phones that are touch screen right now and I like touch screen phones. For me, as long as I could get my one yahoo email, my one hotmail email, and the email I use for my internship, I'd be happy. I also heard with the aria I think you set push times for the email... instant, 15 minutes, etc. The other thing that is making me stop right now is the fact that at&t has no unlimited data plans now. It's either 200mb, or 2gb. I'd be losing the unlimited data plan I have with blackberry for either one of those.

That doesn't sound too good losing a good unlimited data plan, is there no way you can twist their arm to just give you the phone & keep your current plan.
They must have a retentions department after all, most companies will usually offer you a good incentive to stick with them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones