1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Atrix 2 won't boot please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matthewsteross, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Matthewsteross

Hey guys, I have a completely stock Atrix 2 that's been running fine since 2011, never been dropped, wet, rooted or rommed. I don't know what happened, last night I plugged it in to charge and browsed the web for a bit, when I woke up this morning, it wouldn't even boot. I need help desperately, I can make videos, take pictures, give you any info you ask for, but I don't even know where to start. Please help ASAP! Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

If it has a removable battery (sorry I don't remember) pull it out for 60 seconds, try again.

What happens when it's plugged into the charger?

If anything weird, try another usb cable. If still weird, try another charger. If you don't have one, try charging from a pc usb port.

Matthewsteross likes this.
  3. Matthewsteross

Ok, I tried taking the battery out and this is what happened.
    [​IMG]

Which part is the battery? Where do I go from here?

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

A removeable battery is like on a tv remote control or something - the back pops off and the battery comes out.

:(

I'm so sorry I mentioned it.

Now, please put your phone back together. :(

5. Matthewsteross

Is hot glue ok to use for putting it back together??

6. Matthewsteross

I still don't understand where the battery is. Is it like a cmos battery somewhere? If I take the motherboard out, will that disconnect power for long enough?

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

No, don't take anything else out.

Please try to just reassemble in reverse order.

You have non-removable battery - for that we just had to push some buttons from the outside.

I don't think hot glue will work. Not sure what to say.

8. Matthewsteross

ok I have it back together and when I plugged it up it started working fine! You fixed my phone somehow... even if it was an accident =D

EarlyMon likes this.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Well - ok then! :) :) :)

10. Matthewsteross

Hey mod, I have a question, after plugging my phone back in I have one small issue.

11. Matthewsteross

I think my battery started charging, but now it seems to be effecting my house in strange ways. [​IMG]

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I hope that this is where you say YHBT. :D

13. Matthewsteross

I really could use your help on this ASAP man. Should I call the Geek Squad or what?

14. Matthewsteross

Please hurry, it's really hot in here.
    [​IMG]

EarlyMon likes this.
  15. Matthewsteross

Not sure what YHBT means, but my face hurts.

16. Matthewsteross

My husband is busy right now, but he wanted me to tell you he needs your help RIGHT NOW. Should I call for help?
    [​IMG]

17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

We're sending choppers, bellies full of water and fire ret.ardant, you ought to hear them any second.

18. Matthewsteross

Great, now he looks like Denzel Washington. Thanks for being so quick.
    [​IMG]

19. Matthewsteross

Sorry guys, I had to go afk for a few minutes. I'd just like to post a review of my experience with the Atrix 2. As an android device, it's not very effective. As for reversing the effects of vitiligo, it's an amazing medical tool. The process is extremely painful, and perhaps not the best choice for most people who are happy with their appearance. If you want to look tougher and/or are feeling unusually cold, this is a great little phone! Thanks again for your help mod. BTW, anyone want an atrix 2 for parts? Cameras, leds, screen, and case are all ok. Webdock is not too bad. If you're interested, let me know. I'd just want you to cover shipping.