1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Atrix $499 Off Contract

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by atlbuc, Feb 7, 2011.

1. atlbuc

atlbuc Android Enthusiast

Just saw on AT&T's FB page that the Atrix is $499 off contract. Thought it woud be higher.

AT&T Hey Reggie - We're big fans of the Atrix too, but here's the deal with the upgrade system. We actually pay a lot more for the phones then you do when you sign a contract. Over the life of that contract you pay back the cost of the phone. You can always buy the phone straight up - but they're expensive! Without a contract, the Atrix is $499. That's pretty much how the discounts work with upgrades. Thanks for posting!
    32 minutes ago

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ap3604

ap3604 Android Enthusiast

Wow :eek:

Isnt the iPhone 4 still $599 off contract for a phone about to be a year old in June?

Kinda puts things in perspective as to how amazing the Atrix 4g really is ;)

3. pixar

pixar Newbie

I couldnt find it on FB's ATT page. This is confirmed?

4. youareme7

youareme7 Well-Known Member

pixar likes this.
  5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I highly doubted! The Thunderbolt is pushing $629 off contract, and like someone said, the iPhone4 is still at $599. However, that would be a very fair price for such a specked out phone without a contract IMO.

6. atlbuc

This doesn't mean much, the iPhone 4 off contract for Verizon is $50 more than AT&T.

7. youareme7

I think that it is pretty likely to be the case since it was mentioned several times by the at&t Rep in different posts. We'll know soon enough tho

8. atlbuc

So do I but going to get an early upgrade so I'll be good regardless. Thought it was good news for those who want the phone off contract.

9. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

What's the early upgrade price now, $200 on top of the on contract price right?

10. atlbuc

That's what I heard but I'm not going to be charged the early upgrade charge

11. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

That's great if ya can get that waived!

12. DukeL

DukeL Well-Known Member

How's that? Are you close to the end of your contract?

13. atlbuc

Yes it is, my account is well documented with phone problems so they are upgrading me before my November upgrade date.

14. I talked to an AT&T rep today and that's what I was told. I couldn't get mine waved though and it's up in November.

I was also told that the tethering thing was untrue but I don't think he understood what I was talking about lol. I did get a free micrcell tower though at my local AT&T store just gotta go get it

15. DukeL

DukeL Well-Known Member

Nice. With this $499 pricing its not really worth me using an early upgrade since it will cost me 199+200.

16. Willy Willy

Willy Willy Well-Known Member

Is there a monthly charge for the microcell?

17. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast

I wouldn't count on facebook being correct.

The ATT FB and twitter page said the Captivate was going to be $350 off contract for weeks before release. Upon release it was $599

18. atlbuc

There is but if they are giving it to you for free then att will pay that for you

19. youareme7

There's a $20 monthly fee if you want unlimited talk time on the microcell; if you don't want unlimited you don't have to pay any monthly fee for it. I have one in my house and we don't pay anything monthly charge for it. I did have to enable unlimited calling as a term of the $100 rebate, but I only left that on until the rebate was approved, then I took it off.

20. atlbuc

Well I have unlimited and I don't pay anything, maybe because I have a business account.

21. youareme7

That's a sweet deal there, I also have a business account and I don't get it for free. Then again I have elevendy billion roll over minutes because I rarely make phone calls so no biggie for me. I hate to derail this thread more than it has been, but how's the range for your microcell? Mine leave a lot to be desired, it definitely doesn't cover my whole house. (though I have wifi range issues too)

22. atlbuc

I get great range in my house and my WiFi is excellent. I'm running Apples Airport Extreme Base Station and it has been perfect from day 1

23. samven582

samven582 Member

Actually it was $499 when it was released.

24. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast

Then it went up since release, my upgrade page for captivate:
    Your Price $589.99
    $100 off Samsung Captivate(TM) after instant ...
    With Discount:
    $489.99

Whats funny is that the Xperia X10 is so much cheaper:
    Your Price$299.99
    $130 off Sony Ericsson Xperia X10(TM) after i...
    With Discount:
    $169.99

Same account

25. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Hell to the yea, that's much better than I was anticipating. I'll save my upgrade for next year when dual core phones will have a wider variety to choose from.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews