• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix 4G $100 Off - $399 off-contract!

except for the fact that people getting an early upgrade were getting it for 300 or less, and if I was going to extend my contract I would have gotten that price

For some people there may be other discounts available to them, but AT&Ts policy is an early upgrade is adding $200 to the cost of the upgrade amount. That is for any phone and they do not budge on this policy. I just looked at other posts in this thread, and if you look closely you'll notice that many people are saying they were given the option of ordering it non-commitment or taking an extra $100 off if they sign a new contract. I'm not trying to argue and I hope I am wrong, I just know my brother is telling me the truth and I am trying to help anybody out from getting locked in to a contract when they do not want to be. I hope in your case you are right and it works out that your contract is not being extended, but I would check up on this with AT&T to be sure.

Upvote 0
there was no option to choose a different price to order the phone at. I am not saying you are lying, but I have a feeling that this doesn't extend my contract because even in the cart it says no commitment on top, and I'm sure at&t has to have you some how approve if they are going to extend your contract which I did not do. You may be right, but you said "I have the option to order it non-commitment or taking an extra $100 off if they sign a new contract", but that's exactly what I did order it non commitment as it said.

Also, from what I am reading on here is that the early upgrade price is $300 as it has actually been offered to customers, not requested.

Upvote 0
there was no option to choose a different price to order the phone at. I am not saying you are lying, but I have a feeling that this doesn't extend my contract because even in the cart it says no commitment on top, and I'm sure at&t has to have you some how approve if they are going to extend your contract which I did not do. You may be right, but I you said "I have the option to order it non-commitment or taking an extra $100 off if they sign a new contract", but that's exactly what I did order it non commitment as it said.

Also, from what I am reading on here is that the early upgrade price is $300 as it has actually been offered to customers, not requested.

I agree with this statement. I have gone through the pre-order process on the Premier site (although haven't pulled the trigger yet) and the ONLY option that I have to purchase is at a $499 - $100 (instant rebate) price. It also shows "No Commitment" at the top of the page. How can they extend your contract when you dont accept any terms before or after ordering? I'm up for an upgrade in July and would def order the Atrix if I was positive that it won't extend my contract (and thus my July upgrade date). Anyone else have any additional insight?

Upvote 0
I'm actually pretty blown away. I have never seen AT&T let people pre order phones at the no contract price before, and I've never seen AT&T give a rebate off the no contract price. I got some PMs about this today, but I cant really confirm of deny anything. If you are able to check out "no commitment" pricing and manage to get a copy of a receipt or customer summary that shows there is no commitment, then you are golden.

I'd be careful doing this

Upvote 0
I'm actually pretty blown away. I have never seen AT&T let people pre order phones at the no contract price before, and I've never seen AT&T give a rebate off the no contract price. I got some PMs about this today, but I cant really confirm of deny anything. If you are able to check out "no commitment" pricing and manage to get a copy of a receipt or customer summary that shows there is no commitment, then you are golden.

I'd be careful doing this

I have my digital receipt... promise it is no commitment. Remember, it's only for Premier customers.

Upvote 0
You guys that ordered this with the "no-commitment" price and the $100 instate rebate are going to be mad when you get your phone.

I just did this with the Inspire 4G on my wifes line. I checked out on my premier site with NO COMMIT pricing. It said it in the upper right corner. I have screen caps. Never anywhere did it say contract or did I click YES for extending contract.

Got the phone on Tuesday and they extended her contract 2 years on top of what was left on her existing contract. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Premier Resolutions today. Told them I have screen caps with it saying NO COMMITMENT pricing. They do not care. They will NOT DO ANYTHING for me. I have to mail this phone back get a credit and re-order at FULL price no $100 discount.

I spoke with 3 different people including a manager. They would not budge. I told them I will pay the additional $100 and not have to send it back. NOPE! They said the contract is associated with the phones serial number and there is nothing they can do to remove it unless the phone is scanned back into inventory! They even offered to cancel my lines for me!

What a cluster!!

I was planning on getting the Atrix for myself with a 1 year on my premier. Now I don't even want to deal with AT&T anymore after 10 years!

Upvote 0
You do have to be VERY careful ordering a no-commitment phone Online from Premier. I did this with the Captivate back in August. As soon as I activated it, they extended my contract.

I called Premier support and explained the situation. The lady I spoke with was very sympathetic but stated that the order did extend the contract. While I explained that the screen said "no commitment" she was not able to verify that on her screen.

I made screen prints of the transaction and expressed that to her. She advised me to go to a local store and show them the screen prints. After explaining the situation and showing screen prints, the local store quickly and easily reversed the extension.

I also pre-ordered the Atrix from Premier for a "No Commitment" price. I took screen prints of every page as I expect the same issue again.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I certainly agree with the above statements about being careful that this rebate might actually extend your contract. It seems very tricky of AT&T to utilize these business practices IF it is true. I have no way of not selecting the rebate...i add the ATrix to my cart and it shows up as $399.99. I chatted with an online agent while i was "placing" my preorder (still haven't pulled the trigger). here is the chat:

General Info
Chat start time Feb 17, 2011 7:25:00 PM EST
Chat end time Feb 17, 2011 7:31:47 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:06:47
Operator Chris B
Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a representative to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Chris B'
Chris B: Welcome to AT&T Premier on-line sales, my name's Chris. How may I assist you today?
brad: have a question about the no committment pricing on the Atrix 4G
Chris B: I'd be happy to help you with that today.
brad: ok thanks
brad: hello?
Chris B: I'm sorry, you wanted to know the No Commitment price?
brad: yes
Chris B: It's $499.99. Sorry for the wait.
brad: its ok..when i go through the process of preordering the phone it is showing up in my cart as $499.99 - $100 instant rebate for a total of $399.99. THis is still no committment pricing correct?
Chris B: Yes, that's correct.
brad: so i will still be eligible for my normal upgrade (which is 7/10/11) if I purchase this phone for $399.99?
Chris B: Yes, that's correct.
brad: ok great just wanted to make sure thanks
Chris B: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?
brad: and purchasing at no committment will NOT extend my contract?
Chris B: Not at all.
brad: ok great thanks again have a good night
Chris B: Thank you for choosing AT&T, we appreciate your business.
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxx@gmail.com at the end of your chat.

While this certainly doesn't mean that the rep was absolutely right, I can't see AT&T not honoring the no committment price of 399 for me given this chat.

Upvote 0
I got (and sold) an iPhone 4 in October 2010. Obviously that extended my contract 2 years.

My price for the Atrix was $499. I called ATT and argued with them (I'm Premier) and they said, sorry, $499. I said I'm okay with extending my contract and will order if it's $399. Nope, $499 sir.

I said cancel my damn order then. I'm good with my Nexus one.

Jerks.

Upvote 0
You guys that ordered this with the "no-commitment" price and the $100 instate rebate are going to be mad when you get your phone.

I just did this with the Inspire 4G on my wifes line. I checked out on my premier site with NO COMMIT pricing. It said it in the upper right corner. I have screen caps. Never anywhere did it say contract or did I click YES for extending contract.

Got the phone on Tuesday and they extended her contract 2 years on top of what was left on her existing contract. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Premier Resolutions today. Told them I have screen caps with it saying NO COMMITMENT pricing. They do not care. They will NOT DO ANYTHING for me. I have to mail this phone back get a credit and re-order at FULL price no $100 discount.

I spoke with 3 different people including a manager. They would not budge. I told them I will pay the additional $100 and not have to send it back. NOPE! They said the contract is associated with the phones serial number and there is nothing they can do to remove it unless the phone is scanned back into inventory! They even offered to cancel my lines for me!

What a cluster!!

I was planning on getting the Atrix for myself with a 1 year on my premier. Now I don't even want to deal with AT&T anymore after 10 years!

I am dealing with this right now as well. On the phone with Premier support. WTF :mad:

Upvote 0
I see "your price" $299.99 (before rebate) in Premier. I have no contract and I do not see any mention of a contract on any of the screens for the order form unless you use the $100 rebate to get it for $199.99... So does this essentially mean that I can get it off contract for $299.99 then? (I have unlimited that I use and plan on keeping) When I go to the checkout page it has one time fee $299.99 (+tax, etc) and no monthly fees.

Also, will this be the same price in-store or just for the pre-order/premier? I'm weighing getting just the phone at this point but we'll see. I've still got a few days to decide.

Upvote 0
I see "your price" $299.99 (before rebate) in Premier. I have no contract and I do not see any mention of a contract on any of the screens for the order form unless you use the $100 rebate to get it for $199.99... So does this essentially mean that I can get it off contract for $299.99 then? (I have unlimited that I use and plan on keeping) When I go to the checkout page it has one time fee $299.99 (+tax, etc) and no monthly fees.

Also, will this be the same price in-store or just for the pre-order/premier? I'm weighing getting just the phone at this point but we'll see. I've still got a few days to decide.

If you order, you will likely get a new contract like I did. I also didn't see a way to remove the $100 rebate, it was added automatically. I would honestly just go in to a store and work with someone in person.

Upvote 0
If you order, you will likely get a new contract like I did. I also didn't see a way to remove the $100 rebate, it was added automatically. I would honestly just go in to a store and work with someone in person.
That's what I' was curious about, I'm not going to preorder anyways, the thing comes out Tuesday but I was curious since no one else seemed to be mentioning this price. The discount didn't show up on this screen, maybe it applies after this?
atrix.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones