• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix 4G Battery Management Issues.

So as of Tuesday, my Atrix 4G's Battery Management Mode(s) no longer work. The mode I had it set was Maximum Battery Saver which shuts off all data after 15 minutes of inactivity, dims the screen, and has the least amount of data synchronization. That thing was fantastic and really saved me a'lot of juice. But as of Tuesday, it looks like the modes don't function at all anymore to the point that I now have to charge my phone twice a day. It's not like I use my phone heavily. But now whenever I look at my phone and turn on the screen to check the time, it's always downloading or receiving/sending data according to the indicator next to the signal strength indicator. The data doesn't even timeout after 15 minutes like it should. I even timed it. I also notice that after some time of not using my phone, the screen is warm (like it usually does with all smartphones after being used for a while) when I pull it out to check the time so it's obviously doing something. Can somebody suggest an app that might be useful? Something that has a simialer feature to the Maximum Battery Saver Mode that shuts off data after a period of inactivity and limits data synchronization. Or better yet, any other tips.

P.S. I have the Background Data enabled so it wasn't a problem at all or affected Battery Saver Mode at all. I also have two Task Managers running. One that kills apps when the screen times out and one that kills apps when I tap it's widget.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones