• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix 4G running slow

jsipes

Feb 18, 2011
Anyone else out there having issues with the Atrix 4G running slowly? Not just a random occurrence, but something that's becoming more frequent. I clicked on an app, it froze so I pulled the battery after waiting a few minutes. Even after that, it just seems to be not as "snappy" as it used to.

Android devices can do this from time to time, just like a Windows PC.

Usually, it's because of an app, or background process that is "Acting up."

I recommend downloading the Free app "Elixir2" from the market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bartat.android.elixir&feature=search_result

Use it and look at the processes and apps running in the background. See if one of them is using a large amount of memory, or taking up chunks of CPU.

Once you think you've found the culprit(s), Try doing a force close. If that does not help, clear data on the app. If that still does not help, uninstall the app.
I've had odd apps have their data corrupt and cause them to slow down the device. Others, I had to clear the data, uninstall, reboot, then re-install the app before it behaved right again.

Reactions: jsipes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones