1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Atrix 4g warm

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by instrucrat1, Feb 23, 2011.

1. instrucrat1

instrucrat1 Newbie
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    While playing games its getting hot (not warm)..........it is strange its not battery but area around sim card.....

Also if any one came across screen shift to left while playin games like (Classic Tetris, breakblock, Meteor etc)....Not sure if it is because old games are not compatible with high pixel??? or it is phone problem

Advertisement

2. crazyrussian

crazyrussian Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    seems like not only for games... my phone is doing the same thing, also down below the sim card... any others?

3. DanCathers

DanCathers Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    My phone was very hot, behaving strangely (opened bar code reader app when doing something completely unrelated), now it appears to not charge or boot. Taking it back tomorrow morning.

Motorola denied problems with overheating and power management, but it is looking like the rumors may have been true.

4. atx_rob

atx_rob Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Software sales
    Austin
    I woke up this morning and my atrix was very hot as well. The wifi was on, but no apps running other than alarm clock, weather and the standard stuff. Planning to call Motoroala after work today and see what they have to say.

5. crazyrussian

crazyrussian Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    I might have it figured out...

I installed the google earth app yesterday, and it got screwy, as for everyone, so I just closed it. But the phone was running hot. So I was concerned. Later I uninstalled the Google Earth app completely... today *knock on wood* the phone is running much cooler and the battery is lasting longer....

so I think the stuck google earth app couldn't properly close and was actively running in the background... anyone else on this thread install the google earth app? try uninstalling it, post your results