1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Atrix 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Manny47, May 13, 2011.

1. Manny47

Manny47 Lurker
    None

May 13, 2011
    Have it for three days and has rebooted at least 5 times. I'll go tomorrow for an exchange. :mad:

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome, sorry for the trouble.

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Ouch, sorry to hear about that. I've only had my Atrix rebooted less than a handful of times in the almost 3 months I've had it.

How is your 2nd Atrix fairing?

4. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    California Love
    I actually had the same problem, did the update fix this? Does the update fix this?
    I think my version is 4.1.26

EDIT***

I actually just checked, and the current version is 4.1.83

Increased potential data speed
    Improvements to limit interruptions to data connection
    Improvements to prevent screen from freezing
    Improved ability for users to receive email notifications so you know when you have a new message. Also, improvements were made so that you are now able to use the same email login to access both MOTOBLUR™ and YouTube
    Improvements to call audio function so it is easier for the person you called to hear you. Please note this application is not pre-loaded on the phone, but is available for download from the Android Market
    Increased functionality by enabling Yahoo Email to be sent over a Wi-Fi connection
    Improved International Roaming Warning Message by simplifying user notification so that it only appears on the screen when you move to a new network
    Improved Happenings Widget to ensure that you receive the latest updates across the social networks you are connected to such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter
    Improvements were made to incoming and outgoing call functionality to ensure a more seamless experience

5. kilasix9

kilasix9 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 23, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    Miami
    Mines reeboted on me about 5-7 times in the 2-3 months since I bought it. It stopped after the recent OTA update and hasn't even force closed an app since I rooted.

But yeah, 5 times in just 3 days is no good. Good luck with the next unit.

6. shaidtan

shaidtan Member
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    Mine reboots every so often. I've noticed it a few times. I've had five models of Motorola phones now and all of them have spontaneously rebooted. It's the price you pay to have all the docking options you could ever want.

7. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    Title Insurance Underwriter
    Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast!
    Steven - I really **Like** that hat! :D

-Mike

8. Roze

None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    What about Roze's :(

9. ultradroid

None

Apr 24, 2010
    Excellent, as well! :):)

I didn't mean to overlook you, but the addition of the top hat on Yoda struck me as hilarious - your guy is equally funny. What's with the staff of Android Forums and the hats?

Earlier, on one of these threads, we were kicking around the concept of Steven's avatar (Yoda) wearing a tool belt, with a hat that said "Maintenance" on it holding an upraised monkey wrench, or Yoda as a waiter, wearing an apron and, instead of the raised light saber, holding a small round tray, with three or four bottles of beer on it.

-Mike

10. ultradroid

None

Apr 24, 2010
    I've had my Atrix about three weeks, and it has yet to reboot on it's own. Is there a lot of difference between the AT&T Atrix and the one that you're running in Canada? I almost feel like I'm missing out on something here. ;)

-Mike

11. bgator

bgator Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Does anybody know what this is or have it installed on their phone? I just checked the Market and couldn't find it.

12. Roze

None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    It is mostly carriers' crap warez and restrictions that is the main difference. The Bell Atrix comes with tethering and 3rd party side loading enabled. The Bell has the capped HSUPA but other international Atrix are pretty stock. The Telstra's Atrix has the HSUPA uncapped but the Telstra's bloatwares pretty bad. The French, UK, Brazil and Argentina Atrixes are pretty much stock with not so much carrier restrictions like the AT&T Atrix. All of the international Atrix have the Motorola logo shown during boot up.

13. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    California Love
    it's for Skype, the website where I got that from wasn't clear. I'll relist everything according to what they were for

Data Speed Increased speed at which data can travel on the network.
    Data Connection Improvements to prevent interruptions to data connection.
    Screen Improvements to prevent screen from freezing.
    Email Improved ability for users to receive email notifications so you know when you have a new message. Also, improvements were made so that you are now able to use the same email login to access both MOTOBLUR™ and YouTube.
    Skype Improvements to call audio function so it is easier for the person you called to hear you. Please note this application is not pre-loaded on the phone, but is available for download from the Android Market.
    Wi-Fi Increased functionality by enabling Yahoo Email to be sent over a Wi-Fi connection.
    Display Improved International Roaming Warning Message by simplifying user notification so that it only appears on the screen when you move to a new network.
    Happenings Widget Improved Happenings Widget to ensure that you receive the latest updates across the social networks you are connected to such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
    Calling Improvements were made to incoming and outgoing call functionality to ensure a more seamless experience.