1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Atrix and AT&Ts reception issues..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sobe, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Sobe

Sobe Newbie

Hey everyone,

I've had the iPhone 3g since jan 2010 and have absolutely loathed the reception i get with my phone. I live in Southeast michigan/Detroit metro area for reference. I've heard a couple comments about the iPhone's antenna being partially to blame for the crappy reception, any truth to that? Would i get better reception with the Atrix? Or the Inspire? Or is it just that AT&T has bad coverage in my area? will the mass exodus of clients to vzn for the iphone help my problem?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. vinay427

vinay427 Member

Oddly enough, I have an iPhone 3G and live in SE Michigan myself but I don't have many reception issues. Occasionally I randomly lose signal and eventually it finds service again. Annoyingly, however, when I'm on EDGE often times and I want to make a call as soon as I press the call button and it enters call mode I completely lose service. When I end the call, I get service again. Not sure why that happens, but I'm hoping at least that issue will be fixed with a better At&t phone. For you it might just be the coverage in your area...

3. colnago

colnago Android Expert

FWIW, my Moto Q lived on "full bars" in the DC/Philly corridor...even inside elevators of older stone/brick buildings. However some co-workers with iPhones had "less than full bars" in the same areas. YMMV.

Sobe likes this.
  4. HyperM3

HyperM3 Android Enthusiast

IPhones are notorious for not getting as good a reception as every other phone on the network. That's unfortunately why many people think the network sucks, because they are on iPhones.

Sobe, jroc and ECdOc like this.