1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Atrix Battery Manager / Battery Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RyanSantaAna, Mar 9, 2011.

1. RyanSantaAna

RyanSantaAna Newbie
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    TX
    Good morning everyone,

I had a question about the battery and battery manager.

But let me first describe my usage: I use it all day! I get emails throughout the day ranging from work related, school related, and emails from 2 city league sport teams that I play on/manage. I text like a mad man (mass texts to both of my teams & class groups for projects). I update facebook throughout the day with either statuses or pictures. I play Angry Birds a lot (damn it's addicting). I also download MP3s and other files. I have the phone set to Nighttime Saver. I

Advertisement

2. redrider67

redrider67 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    I think what people need to realize is that with that kind of usage your gonna drain the battery not much you can do about it. You sound like a heavy user your best bet would to be buy another battery to carry with you as a backup.

I get 10 hour of use out of mine before it gets down to 30%.

I'm going to order another battery as a backup I use my phone to listen to music when I am out riding my motorcycle. Most of my Sunday rides consist about 500 miles and I"m in and out of coverage area so I want to be able to listen the entire day.

My wife's laptop will only run 3 hours on it's battery, so don't expect to get 24 hours of usage out of a phone battery

RyanSantaAna likes this.
  3. razholio

razholio Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    agreed. you use it alot. Remember, that the battery use break-down is by percentage. 66% for the display is about right for your usage. If you had something else sucking more battery like an app, or 'cell standby', then I'd say you might have some battery killer running. About all you can do is let the battery run all the way down and then charge it completely a few times and see if this helps. It's rumored to 'calibrate' the battery gauge so it more accurately reports the current battery charge.

RyanSantaAna likes this.
  4. ROCer

ROCer Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Electrical Technician
    Upstate NY
    For me it was the Weather Channel Widget that was killing my battery. It was getting updates every five minutes. Extended my battery quite a bit after I removed(no settings to adjust the updates). Other weather widgets does have settings to adjust how often it updates. May wanna check how often Facebook is updating. Just a suggestion.

RyanSantaAna likes this.
  5. Glory88

Glory88 Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    I was getting terrible life as well... alot of "idle" life.... Id get maybe 8 hours out of it before it medium to heavy use.....
    Day 3 and ive gotten twice the battery life.... ive been using it heavily all day games, browsing, facebook... you name it

Things i did not do

Soft or HARD Reset.... People who said that helps their battery life are kidding themselves.... that doesnt even make sense. Why take a new phone from the facctory and reset it to the same thing?.... People have simply added apps that draw to much power while idle... KILLING their battery life.

Battery Knowledge:

You do not need to charge Lion batterys to 100% for the first time as they dont hold memory... actually draining them too low is worse for them...

A new battery will take a few charge cycles to get up to normal capacity

For me it was 4 cycles.... Over night one night my battery life doubled due to me hitting the right number of power charge cycles .

I turn brightness on low (you can keep it on auto) The stock andriod power tool helps (it controlls GPS, WIFI, SYNCING [which motrorla left out] and screen brigtness

so...
    1. GPS OFF

2. (make sure the gps or current location is off of any weather widgets) search your city and save it

3. Auto end non important processes

4. You cant stop the motorola services [even if you end the widget] without a root so dont waste your time

5. Get a good battery meter ( Im using circle batter Widget)

6. Turn off Wifi (mine has been on and not drawing to much power)

7. If you have the app words with friends.... youre screwed.... for some reason this app halfed my power... get word feud free instead... Youll be better off because it doesnt keep track of high scores so it doesnt constantly check for updates every 5 minutes

8. Stop obessessing about youre battery, its fine... unless it drains more than 20% an hour i wouldnt worry. I killed more battery trying to test it than anything

9. I turned haptic feedback off (the buzz when your press a button) this seems to help
    10. It will buzz if you press the main bottom row of keys on the atrix

11. ENJOY 16-24+ hours out of your atrix battery- Be patient... let i go through a few cycles!

RyanSantaAna and DJBerg like this.