• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My iPhone was stolen last week (second one I've had stolen now!)...and I wasn't due for an upgrade. Sooooo...I had to shell out almost $600 to buy a new phone. This time i *gasp* didn't immediately go back to Apple. I did some research and got my new ATRIX! I <3 my new phone, but I do NOT <3 the shitty camera. Is there any possibility that a future update may improve the quality of the photos, or is there an app that does this? Thank you!!!!!

Jessica

Thank you for your responses. Well, the quality is decent in the daylight, but lowlight pics and the front facing camera leave a lot to be desired. The iPhone also had pretty bad lowlight photos but even those were somewhat useable. I take a lot of photos for my job, and in general...and though I would never use a phone camera as a replacement for an actual camera, i do like to substitute it sometimes so I don't have to carry both. Maybe I'm trying to rationalize spending $600 on a phone, which is more than my portion of the rent and I'm just disappointed because almost everything else about the phone trumps the iPhone for me. Well, it's not quite as pretty but I like that because it's not so much of a target! 2 iPhones stolen, plus my roommate was mugged for his a few days after mine was swiped...I seem to have bad iKarma. I wish it had Netflix too. But I was just hoping that there was some remote possibility of a future upgrade that would make the camera better...so is that a possibility? Thanks again!!!

Upvote 0
I took this video of the Space Shuttle this morning with my Atrix. I wish that I had my camcorder with me at the time, but the Atrix did just fine! I was a little wobbly and should know better than to walk and shoot video at the same time...sorry. Be sure to choose the 720p video.

YouTube - Shuttle Roll Out a

John

damn...i can't wait for the 1080p update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones