• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix Drops March 6, Preorder Feb 13

Yea i went over there. Its not the extra for he phone its the $499 for the lap top dock that.....

Honeslty do i even need to say more? The sentence above needs no further expounding upon.:rolleyes:
For anyone considering the Atrix that really blows. What if you have the $200 for the upgraded Atrix but not $500 for the bundle and you wanted to go back and get the dock? You would have to then shell out over 7 bills!! F that.. I feel for those guys who were sold on this.

You either wait and save $500 or you get the phone on launch and then save another $500 for your dock lol... No thank you

Upvote 0
Reposted from Atrix forum:

You know what just hit me.....

If motorola released a fully functional windows 7 lap top....with the Atrix doc in the back for this functionality of staying in your phone environment while teterhing the data signal to the lap top, made side loading the apps and media to and from the phone via the hard connection, and allowed you to upload/download the documents back and forth and edit them and synch them between the two enviromnets.

I WOULD NOT HESITATE to pay $500 to $600 and a tethering plan...

I would do it in a heart beat.

So if this is the price and plan they need to charge..they need to come up with some REAL equipment, not try and sell this POS screen/keyboard/battery at a lap top price and then hit you with a tethering plan that you can only use in mozilla but still wont be able to utilize for netflix/silverlight and the million other things you could use it for if it were set up like i said above.

No offense but they are all delusional if they think i would select a "doc" over a fully functionaing lap top when they are the SAME PRICE..much less the fact that its way LESS functional and they are hitting you with extra data charges just to add insult to injury.

If you want my money..you have to actually OFFER ME SOMETHING i dont have. Sell me a lap top with an atrix adapter built in......THAT might actually be useful.

Upvote 0
saw it over there and will say, well played sir well played

Not really making a play...just being honest about the usefullness of this thing in every day use.

Who wouldnt love the ability to just doc their phone to their lap top and side load apps, music, charge it and use its 4g connection as a teether by simply snapping it on and off...

Someone needs to make this....maybe we should invent it and sell the idea to Dell.

Upvote 0
Not really making a play...just being honest about the usefullness of this thing in every day use.

Who wouldnt love the ability to just doc their phone to their lap top and side load apps, music, charge it and use its 4g connection as a teether by simply snapping it on and off...

Someone needs to make this....maybe we should invent it and sell the idea to Dell.

or HTC lol

Upvote 0
or HTC lol

Doubt HTC could pull it off but I would buy it as s joint product from HTC/Dell in a fricken heartbeat.

Microsoft should get on board also (and not try to hamstring such a device to mobile 7, because Apple posted higher profits than microsoft last quarter for the first time in 20 years and something like that would be a HUGE BOON to selling Win 7 lap tops to exsisting customers)

Case in point..my dual core dell lap top that i upgraded to win 7 is perfectly functional after 3 years and i have NO REASON to buy a new one.

Offer something like what i suggested and its "let me get my check book out"....

Upvote 0
Doubt HTC could pull it off but I would buy it as s joint product from HTC/Dell in a fricken heartbeat.

Microsoft should get on board also (and not try to hamstring such a device to mobile 7, because Apple posted higher profits than microsoft last quarter for the first time in 20 years and something like that would be a HUGE BOON to selling Win 7 lap tops to exsisting customers)

Case in point..my dual core dell lap top that i upgraded to win 7 is perfectly functional after 3 years and i have NO REASON to buy a new one.

Offer something like what i suggested and its "let me get my check book out"....

i will say i agree with your above post if it was a complete laptop then maybe but the way it is no way

Upvote 0
Its 8:45 and i am officially staying the heck out of the atrix forums...its a killing zone over there right now.....tempers are flaring..trolls are trolling, defensive people are....."defensiving".... ha ha ha...

Sheesh, i would just love to spend a quiet night with the new Inspire in peace at this point..(getting a room).

And to think i was officially censored and giving a warning for my funny quote from "The Big Bang Theory" about the elderly and technology usage....(and in response to someone saying the PERSONALLY remember when "cars were just a fad" nontheless ((WTF??))

Ha ha..

CHILDS PLAY compared to whats going on over there tonight.....

Upvote 0
Its 8:45 and i am officially staying the heck out of the atrix forums...its a killing zone over there right now.....tempers are flaring..trolls are trolling, defensive people are....."defensiving".... ha ha ha...

Sheesh, i would just love to spend a quiet night with the new Inspire in peace at this point..(getting a room).

And to think i was officially censored and giving a warning for my funny quote from "The Big Bang Theory" about the elderly and technology usage.

CHILDS PLAY compared to whats going on over there tonight.....

Yeah i hear ya and the HTC must be real quiet with all that POWER ITS LACKING:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dhahahahahahahah We are hear to stop the peace lmao.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones