• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I tried again and it let me go through the whole process of entering card info and all that but at the very end it said it couldn't complete my order. So i called them and ordered over the phone. Ended up signing up for a new contract (really just extending it for 6 months from where i was at) and got it for $333 after tax and next day shipping. Woohoo. Now just need to countdown the days.

Upvote 0
I haven't had a contract with AT&T for 2 years now, as I am still using the Tilt/Tytn II with custom ROMs. When I went through the preorder/upgrade process it offered me the $150.00 price. Once I get the go ahead from the wifey :eek: I will go ahead and order it. I was planning on waiting to see if BestBuy or Amazon could beat the 199.99 pricetag, but it looks like I don't have to worry about that.

Here is a screenshot that I took of my preorder page for proof:

http://i.imgur.com/4ZA5F.jpg

I just signed up today, but I have been reading y'alls forum for a few weeks now. I'm pumped about this phone!!

Upvote 0
Another person got theirs for $149.99. Here is his FB post on AT&T's page:

Scott Duffy I got my Atrix 4G Pre-ordered at a corporate store this morning since the Premier site was acting up. Got to keep my unlimited data and got $50 off for being a loyal customer. Thanks AT&T! Can't wait for this phone to show up at my door!

Wish I can get one for $150....

Upvote 0
I tried again and it let me go through the whole process of entering card info and all that but at the very end it said it couldn't complete my order. So i called them and ordered over the phone. Ended up signing up for a new contract (really just extending it for 6 months from where i was at) and got it for $333 after tax and next day shipping. Woohoo. Now just need to countdown the days.

Hey how did you get the upgrade for so cheap. Isn't what you did considered an early upgrade meaning the price would be around $400?

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered mine last night for $149.99 (plus $9 tax)! I also got to keep my unlimited data plan!!! :D I was worried about not being able to keep that. I had an iphone 3G, so I was about six months overdue for an upgrade. I think that's why I got the $50 off. I had a $5 200/month texting package and had occasionally gone over and was thinking of going with the $10 1000/month package, but when I was checking out I found I could get a unlimited data plan with *1500* texts for $39.99. I was also kinda waiting to see if BB or Amazon would have it for $149 (and sooner) but since there seemed to be no concrete clues that they would, and then finding out I could get it for $149 from AT&T, I took the plunge. I also thought it might be a better way to manage my plan/features and make sure I got what I wanted at the right price. It took me at least five tries to check out successfully, but it finally worked. I got a confirmation email that said it would arrive in 3-5 business days, but I'm not holding my breath (I am crossing my fingers though). ;) I can't wait til it arrives and I'll be looking around here for any word on delivery dates. Hope this info helps. Now off to shop for accessories... :)

Upvote 0

Wow, how exactly did you manage that? I am in a similar situation as you, and if I could get that deal I would be ecstatic. Seeing as how I am on a family plan and not the primary account holder, I don't think I will have such luck though.

Upvote 0
Wow, how exactly did you manage that? I am in a similar situation as you, and if I could get that deal I would be ecstatic. Seeing as how I am on a family plan and not the primary account holder, I don't think I will have such luck though.

I didn't ask for anything special. As a matter of fact i was originally asking to just order it off contract but he volunteered the $299 price. I am the primary account holder on a family plan with four lines though if that would make a difference.

Upvote 0
that "upgrade advantage" discount of $50, is that because you have been out of contract for some period of time?

That's the only thing that I can figure. I bought my Tytn II when it first came out, I believe in Nov. of '07.

My wife is definitely down with the $150 price. The past 2 weeks I have been telling her that there were rumors of Bestbuy and/or Amazon getting this phone for $150, so she wasn't going to let me preorder this from AT&T until we found out the prices from those two places.

I just went to an AT&T store and they told me that if I were to preorder with them, it would be $200. They couldn't match the $150 price for some reason, so I'm going to preorder it right now!!

Upvote 0
that "upgrade advantage" discount of $50, is that because you have been out of contract for some period of time?

I think it's a loyalty thing and not so much that I was overdue. I believe it's to do with how long you've been with them and if you're in good standing. Like the longer you've been a customer the quicker/sooner you can get an upgrade discount. It also has something to do with the price of your plan - higher price = more/bigger discounts apparently. I've been with them for 10+ years but I have a lower price plan so I got the discount but have to pay a 1/2 price upgrade/renewal fee ($18) which I believe would be waived if I were on a more expensive plan. There may be other factors but I wasn't questioning it - just grabbing that price and checking out. ;)

Upvote 0
i've only been out of contract for 6 months, but been a customer for 11 years. from everything thing i confirmed over the phone, the lady from premier CS said she didn't change anything in my plan (no new contract-kept unlimited data) and sold the phone outright for 149.99 + tax, activation fee waived. I hope this holds true, but even if it doesn't it'll only show up as a 1 yr extension since she said she just upgraded the device. cross fingers and hope for early shipments!

Upvote 0
I wonder how long you have to be out of contract for the upgrade advantage. my contract ended on the first of this month. if you just have to be out of contract for more than a month, than I could really work with that.

It looks like it depends on both how long it's been since activation/upgrade and how much you spend on your monthly rate plan/data package. This chart explains it.

Upvote 0
I just went to local ATT store on my lunch break. I was able to pre-order the Atrix. Apparently, I have been a customer for so long (I was a Cingular customer in 1996) they only charged me 99.99 + 5.10 tax.

I am not sure if the discount I get from my company helped or not... but just wanted to give the info.

P.S. The guy also mentioned that he was going to have the phone shipped to the store so that he could manually screw around with my data plan so I don't lose the UNLIMITED data i currently have. He said it could be done from home... but he wanted to make sure it was done right.

No complaints.

Reactions: milk21
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones