1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Atrix front camera now completely unusable due to dust

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kkel19, Sep 30, 2011.

1. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    After 6 months usage...my atrix front camera is completely covered with dust to the point where clear pictures with the front camera is completely unusable...anyone else as lucky as me?

Advertisement

2. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I've had mine for 5 months and no problem. I do clean my entire phone using windex sprayed on a paper towel. Maybe you should try it.

3. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    im talking about inside the phone camera..i use this phone in my pocket naked..btu even then..dust shouldnt be going there..

4. landoftherich

landoftherich Newbie
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Dust is getting under the screen of my Atrix too. If its less than a year old it may be covered under Motorola's warranty. I called them yesterday and they agreed to repair my phone at no cost...turnaround time is 1 to 2 weeks.

5. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    Just some advice. It would be in your best interest to by a case for your phone that has a small overlap onto the side of the screen. A pocket or bag are the worst places to store a phone naked with everything from dirt to lint being able to get inside the phone. I have heard of others with this same problem. I have an Outerbox Commuter Case, Zagg Screen Shield and belt case. Using this method. I have never had to replace my phones accept thru regulare ware and tare. My phones usually will last 2 yrs. Or longer with no damage.

6. Redwings fan

Redwings fan Lurker
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    I had this problem too. The majority of the time I had an otterbox on the phone. I took it to AT&T and I had a new phone in 2 days flat. Just had to send the old one back.

Was a little bit of a pain getting everything setup again but the phone is now only 1 month old.

Check w/ AT&T if that's your carrier.

BTW i had to go to a service center in town (fortunately it was close) because the store can do warranty replacements.

7. landoftherich

landoftherich Newbie
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    My Atrix is now back from Motorola repair. After many days of lugging it around in my pocket I can confirm dust is NOT getting under the screen anymore :)

This issue is covered under warranty so if you're having a problem I'd suggest sending it out for repair.

8. mchuntley

mchuntley Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    I have the same problem.
    I will be visiting my ATT store about this as it renders the camera useless, and since I am starting to do more P to P video...

Thansk for the information everyone.
    matt