1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Atrix has been updating 2.3 for a week!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pauly1979, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Pauly1979

Pauly1979 Newbie

A week ago, I tried to update my friends Atrix from 2.2. The phone never updated. It just shows the upsidedown triangle alert saying "phone will begin update when wifi is enabled." I have tried just about everything. I have been connected to wifi the whole time. I dont know if this helps but i think when i first tried to update it i accidentaly turned off wifi. Any ideas ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. _sC

_sC Well-Known Member

have you tried being connected to your wi-fi first before touching the alert?

i got the update alter, told it to tell me later, turned on the wifi and then went back to search for updates.

also, is your wifi signal strong? i let mine sit at my desk with full bar strength and left it to be.

i also didnt text or anything during the download, i let it be.

3. Pauly1979

Pauly1979 Newbie

I cant cancel the dowload to even attempt restarting it. it has been on wifi for hours and it still says waiting for wifi connection. Im thinking the only way to restart the download is to wipe the phone. Wiping the phone is my last resort. Any suggestions?

4. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Android Enthusiast

Go to the Motorola Support site and download the "Update from PC" file.

Hook it to the PC by USB and force the install over.

You may need to "Reboot" the phone (Worse case, pull the battery!) to get the current WiFi download to stop.

Pauly1979 likes this.
  5. Pauly1979

Pauly1979 Newbie

I didn't realize you update from pc. That's awesome. Ill give it a try

6. _sC

_sC Well-Known Member

you dont HAVE to, but its an option, and since it seems that alot of ppl are having problems updating off the phone, they resort to the pc

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews