Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by allenb_2726, Aug 11, 2011.
Any secrets or did this happen over time? (24 hours of battery)
I believe this is possible, if you don't have a lot of widgets and apps running/updating in the background every few hours. I can get 16 hrs from my phone when I haven't had my screen on for over 3 1/2 hrs. I have like 20 widgets, so I know it can be done.
I've been thinking of getting this phone too (albeit the non-4G version as I'm in the UK).
Thanks for all the comments, this thread has really helped.
Agree with the widgets, etc. but I want to be able to use the phone and screen moderately. I'm not into playing games or streaming videos, just checking email, browsing a bit, checking stocks, etc. Yesterday I got through 12 hours before the low battery warning came up. Not too bad but would like it a little better.
As beautiful as the screen is, have the screen brightness at 0% when in doors. Use the stock task manager and end all apps your not using. Have your screen to time out not longer then 2 min. Turn off bluetooth, wifi and gps when not in use. Turn off mobil data when your not using it. For example: when I leave my phone on at night, I have mobil data turned off.
just got mine yesterday and so far i'm hating it. i hope that will change once i get to know it better. i didn't plug it in until it warned me that it had 15% life left. today, with very moderate use (one four minute call out, one test call to my house which didn't go through and about 10 logins less than 1 minute), and it's below half battery already!
i hate that it synched my facebook/email/phone contacts all together. i know have phone numbers for people i'll never call, double and triple contact information, contacts that are just email addresses. for some reason, not all the full last names and none of the addresses or notes synched over from my crapphone either, but i can't fault the atrix for that.
i went to click the att ap button and all it did was take me to the market to download the ap, which is already downloaded.
after dinner, i tried to get back into the market to find a notepad ap, but after two minutes and it didn't load the first time and four minutes and it didn't load the second time, i gave up.
still not getting text messages out, i'll go to the store today and have them find out why.
not a good experience yet, shame because i went with the atrix because i really liked the old motoq that i had before my crapiphone. the atrix is making the crapiphone look great.
Hmm..dont have any secrets. I only use 3 widgets that update periodically. I don't talk much on the phone. I text all day, get 1 email per hour. I'll usually be on the phone for about 5 minutes at a time every 30 minutes or so. So I guess it's light use. The majority of my battery usage comes from the screen being on. I always keep the gps and bluetooth radios on. Never use wifi.
I usually let the battery get to 20% or lower before I give it a full charge. Once it's fully charged I unplug it.
I think your just in bad luck. I know that there is some lag, but nearly all of it was wiped out with gingerbread. There i days i have wifi and gps on and start playing for hours with the display down all that way (because it starts hurting my eyes) and by the eening i had 40% battery life left.
A tip i can give you is to leave your phone in maximum battery saver, so it wont update as often. :/
I believe this is day 4 with my Atrix. I'm using Juice Defender which really helps with battery life without compromising function. It's fast becoming my favorite phone ever.
I am on day 5 and so far I am loving this.
I haven't even rooted it (yet) and it is amazing. Honestly tho, I don't even think I need to root it for now. My Acer Liquid HAD TO be rooted for daily use (256MB of RAM made AutoKiller an essential plus Acer included ALOT of bloat).
What I love:
1) I was able to easily uninstall all the bloat.
2) LP+ runs mostly smooth (maybe a fc once every 2 days but overall, it has been great for me)
3) MOTOBLUR is not bad (if you use LP+). The media dock thing is pretty cool and the Phone Portal thing is simply amazing. Plus having Swype pre-installed is way better than official beta forcing you to uninstall and re-install every couple of weeks (plus the white swype keyboard is sexy).
4) The speed on this thing is amazing. Games are insanely smooth, apps open/close really fast. This is easily the fastest phone I have ever used.
5) 4G speeds is blazing. It may not be "true 4G" but it is 2x+ faster than my DSL!
6) The quality of the screen is comparable to my Liquid (and my Liquid had a beautiful screen). While for some reason, the Liquid screen does look slightly better, can't really figure out what it is exactly but bigger is MUCH better. 4" seems like a great size for me.
7) Call quality is really really good.
What I don't like:
1) I do wish the HDMI-Out could output the entire phone screen onto my television (tho maybe there is a hack for that, need to look into it).
2) Swype can't videochat? Or maybe I can't figure it out. And GTalk can't videochat over 3G/4G. Plus quality of the front camera is not great.
3) Occasional force-close. It is much better than my Liquid which would FC often recently but was still hoping that 1GB of RAM would make it perfect.
4) Plasticky look (tho I knew that purchasing it so it isn't too surprising plus once I get my Otterbox Defender case, I'll stop caring about how ugly I think it looks. And my Liquid was ugly too so I am used to it).
Overall tho, this phone is fricking awesome.
I just switched to an atrix from a captivate due to the bad gps. I regret not leaving the captivate sooner. The Atrix doesn't have the lag, and is faster than my lag fixed captivate which I had rooted and flashed roms onto. Also, of course, the gps is amazing. The one thing I don't like is that the power button seems to be in a weird place/angle. It's nice to not have to flash a rom to get, speed, gps, and gingerbread.
Glade you like it. The power button needs to be placed in an angle to scan your finger print to unlock the phone.
Have you updated to Gingerbread? This sounds like an issue that was resolved with the latest update.
Nope, not at the moment. I'm happy with Froyo for now. Don't want to do a factory reset right now to make sure to not have any problems that people have been reporting. (It took me a long time to customize my phone and I don't feel like going thru that again right now.)
Only thing I dislike is the horrible video quality when using hbo go.
Really, mine looks really good and it streams well when having a good signal. Although at first when starting a movie, it is a bit choppy.
I compared hbo go to my wife's iphone4, so the difference in quality may be due to ppi? I have no idea.
I love my Atrix!
Love my Atrix, its best phone in the USa out there, right next to the Photon, and prob second to the GS2.
I had this phone when it was on 2.2, and I couldn't stand it at all and returned it for an Inspire. I came back to it on 2.3, and its a whole new phone. I love it.
Love my Atrix for specs (ESPECIALLY GAMING), love my Infuse for basic stuff... cuz of the size.
The hell with the SGS II...
I can't wait for this...
Wow. That's all I can say. 5.3" screen, that's huge. (Bigger then most GPS screens.) I like the pin and notepad that comes with it.
I have had my atrix 3 days, and am loving it I came from a iphone 3g and dont miss it at all. My atrix does everything i ask it without any lag at all. It came with gingerbread on it so no upgrade issues. I bought a trident cyclops case for it love it.
I love mine. I did have an issue with the first one I got from the store but I returned it and got a new one. So far no issues with the new one and hopefully it stays that way because I really do love the phone. I came from the Captivate and am really enjoying the camera flash and led notification on this and of course the gps picks up my location while driving.
I love mine too but I'm gonna love the SGII ATT even more!