1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Atrix pre-sale

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kiy0shi, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Kiy0shi

Kiy0shi Newbie

Hey, I was just wondering what the difference between "preorder" and "pre-sale" is? At&t keeps referring to pre-sale for the atrix and because of these quotes it makes me think it will be available online, but not in stores until March 6.

Am I just interpreting it wrong or is it possible that it will start shipping right after the 13th?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scrounger

scrounger Newbie

I would consider them the same. Whether order online or at a local outlet the earliest that you will actually have it in hand is March 6 (although FedEx/UPS/USPS do not deliver on Sunday).

Since your quote says 'by March 6 or earlier', if you go with presale or preorder you may get it sooner. Maybe the 4th or 5th. The original speculated date was from a document that showed a warehouse in Memphis. I can drop off a package at FedEx by Midnight and it will be at its destination by the next morning.

3. atlbuc

atlbuc Android Enthusiast

I'm guessing those who pre-order early might start seeing shipments before March 6th

4. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Android Enthusiast

I think what they mean by pre sale is:

- you actually pay for everything and do your 2 year contract that day
    - on launch day you just pick it up

5. Kiy0shi

Kiy0shi Newbie

Thanks for answering my question I just wasn't sure what it meant exactly.

6. atlbuc

atlbuc Android Enthusiast

Was it mentioned if AT&T are doing pre sales online only or in the stores also?

7. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

What if you are opening a new account with AT&T and moving from Verizon. Do you pay now and then when you get the phone you do the account transfer?

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews