1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Atrix Reception - Mom's = Great. Mine = Horrible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by multiplexed, Sep 23, 2011.

1. multiplexed

multiplexed Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    ATT bought up our regional phone carrier. ATT is having problems migrating the local tower over to the ATT network.

My mother has an atrix phone on this tower, and it works perfectly. I had a Captivate, but the reception was horrible. It dropped voice so bad I couldn

Advertisement

2. cem

cem Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Mechanical, Aeronautical and Astronautical Enginee
    USA and Turkey
    Perhaps the radios of 2 phones are different. Check it out: Settings / about phone --> Baseband version and system version. If there is a difference, you may consider upgrading the radio. Or, you can try re-flashing. Before proceeding, try to use your Atrix in another place, where the cell tower is different.

I am not sure but this might be also useful: dial *#*#4636#*#* then click 'Phone information', Set preferred network type: 'Gsm auto'

Also, is there any difference in signal reception bars?

3. multiplexed

multiplexed Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Thanks for your post.

I've gone in to the settings and pretty much everything is the same on the two phones. This includes the baseband version and system version. Even the signal strength is identical.

I think other towers work just fine. The local tower is the problem. However, mom's atrix works just fine on this tower though, mine doesn't.

How do I do that?

If that doesn't work, how do I reset it back to default? Can I do this from the settings console?