1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Atrix - Squeaky Back Cover

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crazysaint, Mar 9, 2011.

1. crazysaint

crazysaint Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    i bought the atrix 10 days back from at&t store. so far it has been working great. but in the last couple of days i noticed that the back cover is not sitting tightly on one side and is giving a squeaky sound whenever i pick my phone. it is quite annoying and to me looked like a build quality issue. i took the phone to the at&t store and the rep there did not even want to listen to me. i asked them to replace the back cover and the store manager told me that there is nothing wrong with the operation of the phone itself and can't help me in anyway.

anybody else faced a similar issue? does motorola sell the back cover separately? please advise..

Advertisement

2. mbranscum

mbranscum Member
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    So get a refund. You have thirty days.

3. sublime313

sublime313 Member
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Put 2 layers of scotch tape at the sides of the battery door, where the snaps are, and tiny pieces in the corners.

that should resolve the issue. i've done that to mine, and done it to several plastic blackberrys.

4. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    Do not put any tape on anything, you just bought a new phone , no need TO start taping things. Pack it up and bring it back and get a replacement, you have 30 days for either a replacement, or to get a full refund.

5. Southerngal

Southerngal Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    I would exchange it, there's no reason why you should have to rig a $500 phone! Insist they exchange it, and if they don't call customer care and speak to the cancellations dept. I'm sure theyll send you a brand new one, and prob upgrade your shipping for free since the store you went refused to help. Also if the store won't exchange it, make sure you tell them you would like them to email you a customer satisfaction survey.

6. crazysaint

crazysaint Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    thanks for the response guys. both (store rep and manager) kept telling me that the phone is not broken and is in perfect working condition. so they won't replace it. i am going to try the customer care since i dont want to go back to the store or else can i go to another store. there is another one like 3 miles away.

7. sublime313

sublime313 Member
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    guess what guys? the atrix is made of mostly plastic.

some are more solid than others, but i've tried a few of them, and they all basically have SOME creakiness from the battery cover.

a little tape on the inside of the cover solves it. don't waste your time doing exchanges for such a minor issue. put the tape on and live on. it's not like you can see the tape. i did this with several blackberrys.

quit being so OCD. no piece of tech is perfect. you know what happens when you return an item? you get a new one and then find some other minor annoyance to obsess over. it's not worth it. you're wasting your time and raising costs for everybody else by making the company restock the same crap over and over and over. obviously, for a REAL HARDWARE ISSUE, an exchange is warranted. not for something that can be "rigged" in 2 minutes.

8. atlbuc

atlbuc Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Network Admin
    Atlanta, GA

I agree with everyone else, the top and bottom of my cover had gaps in them and was squeaky. I suggest you call AT&T customer service and tell them the cover does not fit properly, you are within your 30 days so it is buyers remorse exchange. The store doesn't want to come off of there stock for a squeaky battery cover. I had one sent to me overnight.

9. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC

Only way to roll! Your spending good money on something that should be as good as good can be in your eyes!

10. crazysaint

crazysaint Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    called up the customer care yesterday and was told to take the phone to a different store. took it to the store in the evening and they swapped the back cover for me. out in 2 minutes and no questions asked..