1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Atrix: Video to computer

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Eyrcz, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Eyrcz

Eyrcz Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    K so I took a few videos using 720p (donno if that matters) and i want to put them on my computer so i can view or post them somewhere. The phone records .3gp format. (Also donno if that matters) But I plug it into my computer to transfer them to computer and cant. Says cannot read source file or disk. I did record these to a SD card.. does that matter? I know im pry gonna have to convert the format to something else like AVI or MP4. I wanna post a video on facebook is what im trying to do.. but having trouble.

EDIT: Tried coping to phone didnt work also. I have no way to get a video off my phone. ATT wont let me send anything over 600k. What do i do?

Advertisement

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    There are many ways to get the files from a phone out.
    The USB method - you should pull the notification bar down on the phone and select Disk Mode. This will mount the SD card to PC as a separate drive and allow you to copy any photos/videos you made on it to PC using File Explorer. If you don't see the SD card as a separate drive, try another USB port.

3. Brucew0617

None

Jan 27, 2011
    Earth
    I should to say none of video format's business...

4. Eyrcz

Eyrcz Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Thank you... that worked perfect. Im only 4 months old to these smartphones. God I love em.. But still learning. Now if they can just record to a decent format rather than 3gp