1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root atrix wont type certain letters

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mikeestep, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Mikeestep

Mikeestep Lurker
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    Well I rooted my atrix about 4 months ago and have had problems ever since. I cant type B H or Y. Its terrible and I want to unroot. How do I go about doing so?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Hi Mike, welcome to AF! :)

I've moved your post to the Root section, the question is more relevant there and will get the proper attention from folk who've rooted their handsets.

Mikeestep likes this.
  3. sixtynine

sixtynine Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    hey mate, I've been trolling these forums for awhile unregisted but I registered just for this thread because I've also had the same problem.

I can tell you now that it most likely isn't a root related problem because this happened to my phone as well (except I couldn't type different letters) and I had even tried rooting to fix it.

If your phone is still under warranty I suggest you unroot it and make sure you delete every thing root related off your internal and external drive and take it back to where you purchased it for repair.

I cannot stress enough about how much of a big deal you have to make in the store because I took mine in to get repaired and all they did was re-flash my phone which had apparently 'fixed' the touch screen problem but I ended up giving them back my phone as soon as I received it.

hope I helped.

4. J0376

J0376 Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Try wiping user data, clearing caches, etc. If that doesn't work, try flashing a new ROM altogether.

5. Mo2otriX

Mo2otriX Lurker
    None

Do you have a virus scanner on your phone?