• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix Youtube App not allowing age restricted videos to be viewed.

buzznhard

Lurker
Mar 19, 2011
I searched for this issue but no luck so here goes.

I have the Atrix and a long standing Youtube account that I can watch videos tagged by Youtube as over 18 only. When I try to watch on Atrix App signed in of course I get the error saying I have to be 18. I checked my Google profile since they are linked but I cant find any thing there. New to Android so I hoping its something simple. Thanks for any suggestions,,,

This issue (still an issue for some of us) has been noted by youtube and a fix is supposedly in the works. The reply I got quoted below:

"Hey all,
I believe we have caught this issue and have fixed this in the next release of the Android YouTube app. Currently, if your profile is private, we weren't able to detect your age and hence, you receive the message, '..must be over 18 to view videos'. So keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming release on Market! =D"

Upvote 0
This issue (still an issue for some of us) has been noted by youtube and a fix is supposedly in the works. The reply I got quoted below:

"Hey all,
I believe we have caught this issue and have fixed this in the next release of the Android YouTube app. Currently, if your profile is private, we weren't able to detect your age and hence, you receive the message, '..must be over 18 to view videos'. So keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming release on Market! =D"

Ok great...thanks for the update Evil

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones