• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ATT Address Book....no workie?

sero

Sep 20, 2010
Texas
so i've looked around but dont see any threads on this....but newho, onto the question.

has anybody been able to sync their contacts via ATT online Address Book? I've seen like 5 completed syncs in the log, out of prolly 30 total attempts. Either way, i cant log in to check the contacts online. I get this:

LOGIN FAILED
Please activate your AT&T Address Book using your mobile phone. Check to see if your phone is compatible or select FAQ to learn more about AT&T Address Book.

I made the mistake of even attempting to use this service this afternoon. I didn't check the log until a little while ago and I saw a failed attempt every 15 minutes! I unchecked the sync option and it still attempted to sync. I rebooted my phone and it hasn't made an attempt in 45 minutes, so I hope it's done.

I'll leave the phone on overnight and check the log in the morning. If there's any attempts, ATT is getting a phonecall.

Yet another piece of ATT crap. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
ya, it pisses me off cuz its an awesome feature if it worked. and i cant get kies to work so the only way i have to backup my phonebook is exporting the contact list. which isnt gonna work in the long run if i end up with a dead phone and need to get my contacts onto something other than a captivate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones