1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ATT and VZW Note3 devices will not keep WiFi signal?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stanw, Dec 23, 2013.

1. stanw

stanw Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Recently, my Verizon Note3 and my wife's ATT Note3 are CONSTANTLY dropping our WiFi connection, making it almost unusable.

I tried my iPad and it seems to be fine, and so is my iMac via WiFi.

We rebooted the phones and it has not helped. This was not a problem before. Any idea why two separate Note3 devices from two different carriers might suddenly have a hard time keeping a WiFi connection?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. jwither

jwither Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Opinionated Jerk
    Underground
    These issues are almost always caused by your router/wireless access point, and it doesn't matter whether other devices work ok or not, because they've likely not tried to get an IP address from the router for days/weeks.

Reboot router, check for firmware update etc.

Change wifi channel, especially if it uses channel 6, the default on most routers.

Does wifi work at other locations? Another indicator.

stanw likes this.
  3. speedlever

speedlever Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2012
    North Carolina
    Per joshica over on the GS4 forum, try this:
    Go into wifi settings and click on Menu, Advance Settings and uncheck the Auto Network Switch.
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/810313-terrible-wifi-since-4-3-a.html#post6349321

Let us know if that helps.

stanw likes this.
  4. stanw

stanw Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    This helped somewhat, though the connectivity on both Note3 devices is still terrible, while I am able to use my iPad, Macbook Pro, and iMac and stream video to my AppleTV. It is very strange. I also just updated the Verizon Note3 with Verizon's new update, and that didn't seem to help. It all seemed to start around the time I received a notification that there was an update for the Verizon device, though I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.