1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General att dual core one x? why?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by callihan_44, May 5, 2012.

1. callihan_44

callihan_44 Member
    None

Sep 8, 2010
    watched some reviews and had to do a retake when I heard dual core processor... will this sway you att people to wait for sg3? Im ready to upgrade my pos phone so cant decide to go sg2 or one x..

Advertisement

2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Electrical Design Engineer
    Northwestern Alabama
    The reason for this is the size and power usage of the LTE chips here in the US from what I understand. They simply can't pack a quad core and an LTE chip in a slim profile yet.

EarlyMon likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Not that Benchmarks mean much, but the dual core processor has scored faster than the Tegra 3 in the international version. Depends on what you want your phone to do though, for day to day stuff, the dual core will probably be better, but for games etc, the quad will be the better choice.

There's much more to it than the processor though, Sense > Touchwiz, the camera on the One X is outstanding and the screen is amazing (although I can't compare it to the Screen on the SGS3).

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    The SGS3 is coming with two processors - Exynos 4412 (quad you know) and, yep, the Qualcomm S4, just like the ATT One X.

In order to signal, it takes the cpu, modem and radio transceivers.

The S4 has a world modem built in. It's programmable to support GSM, EDGE, GPRS, CDMA, LTE, HSPA+ and is part of the same block that also supports BT, WIFI, GPS, GLONASS.

Parts count down, costs down, reliability up.

The only people terribly concerned are those who care bunches about synthetic benchmarks - and if you find me one that says one processor wins something, guaranteed I can find another with opposite results. :)

And depending on which version (the SGS2 wasn't a model, it was a series of them, same will be true for the SGS3), it's going to come down to comparing the One X with the S4 vs the SGS3 with the S4.

~~~~~~~

If you are comparing the SGS2, not 3, to dual core One X, it's not just about core numbers. The S4 is using the new generation of cpu cores, all the others are using the existing A9 type cpu. Depending on which SGS2 in the USA, it may contain the Qualcomm S3 (it's all about the modems), in which case, game over - the One X wins hands down.

El Presidente likes this.
Tags: