• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ATT jacks up data/messaging on account, who else saw this when ordering...

tag4

Feb 13, 2011
Whenever I pre-ordered my phone, under data packages they had unlimited data plan and messaging for $30. I wanted to sign up for that since I was grandfathered in however we all know the issue premier had online that day so I had to order on the phone. I had to call to get my sim activated and they tried to screw my account over again and took me off unlimited data, so I got the supervisor on the phone to add it back on there. I log in online to check my features and they took my text messaging off. Now all it shows is unlimited data for 30 and you can add unlimited text for another 20. Tell me someone has a screen shot of the unlimited data and messaging plan for $30 when they were ordering. I called them back and they say they don't have that package and never offered. ATT is screwing around too much and I'm about ready to split, no contract to keep me here.

When I ordered the phone there were a few unlimited data plans and I chose the one that was $39.99 w/ 1500 texts. After I activated my Atrix yesterday I went to my wireless account and they had changed it to the 2GB data and 1000 text plans. I called them and they were very nice about fixing things, but the agent had to get her supervisor to even find the plan. I'd advise checking on things in your account and having your confirmation email handy with the plan you ordered if you need to call them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones