• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Attach sound to message

Hello, I have a Motorola Droid with 2.2 and was wondering how can I attach a sound file (wave,mp3ext) to a text message?

The guy I got the phone from has no idea whats up and I have a co-worker who has the same phone has the option.

When I hit "Attach" here is whats in the menu:

Pictures
Capture Picture
Videos
Capture Video
Record Audio
Slideshow
Does anyone have an idea on what I need to install or what I need to do?
I thought about restoring to defaults but not sure how and I would hate to lose my contact info (I hope it automatically added to my gmail)

Attachments

• 0829001919.jpg
    0829001919.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 51
Handcent SMS will allow you to attach an mp3, I haven't tried other audio formats. What I'm not sure of, is if the other person will be able to recieve the file. I've only done it a couple times, and the recipient also had Handcent installed. I doubt this would be a hang-up, but just something to keep in mind.

Upvote 0
If you install Rings Extended, a free app from the market, it allows you to select any music file on your SDCard to manipulate. In addition, when in the stock messaging app, when you click on Audio, you now get prompted with a second menu - one that gives you a choice between Android System and Rings Extended - using Rings Extended, you can now attach your music files to SMS without having to use Handcent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones