1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Attaching my Galaxy Mini to PC is causing PC restarts.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobinz, Aug 27, 2011.

1. bobinz

bobinz Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Hello!I have spent a lot of time searching and trying to fix this but without success,so I need your help.When I attach my Mini to the USB - the PC crashes.Sometimes it can not reboot.The problem is in "Android ADB composite interface drivers" - it can't be installed properly - the wizzard stops and report that a fatal error occur.The other drivers are working fine.The phone option - debugging is turned ON.So,for now I am thinking of some misunderstanding with my "old" drivers and stuff.If somebody faced such issue - please help.Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

2. suicidallooney

suicidallooney Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    London, UK
    Go into device manager or even controll panel and uninstall all drivers you already have, including kies, get rid of them all. restart your computer, download kies from the samsung website and install it, then using kies, in the menu, install the drivers.

Turn off debugging mode on your phone then plug the phone back in, and wait for the drivers to install.

What OS are you using for widnows?

bobinz likes this.
  3. bobinz

bobinz Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Thank you suicidallooney,I succeded with the drivers.Unfortunatelly my problems did not end with this - the PC continues to restart.Afer succesifull re-boot of the Windows XP (not every time - i would say randomly) I can debug on my phone and to checkin/chekout data,but the problem is still there.I am starting to think about HW issue - my power supply - I can not make the connection,but I have a problem with writing DVDs with an error caused from some power test of the laser - it only happens with the DVDs ,with the CDs there is not a problem (may be there is no need of bigger "power"?!?).The same story with the USBs - if I attach camera SONY or photo CANON - there is no restart ,but my Mini causes restart - may be the consumption of the phone is bigger or something??
    Thanks for the help,appreciate.

4. suicidallooney

suicidallooney Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    London, UK
    Windows XP is a old OS i would really rather not deal with because it's plagued with problems such as this.

You surely have some major problems in windows, i really don't think it has anything to do with your power supply even though i don't know the spec of your computer. but USB port can only produce 5V regardless of device that doesn't change so a phone or camera should have no difference power wise.

Sorry i couldn't have helped you more

5. bobinz

bobinz Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Thanks again.I 've changed the power supply of my PC and it is gone.It seems that when the phone is attached there is a peak in wattage (bigger then anything else I connect to the USB) and the power supply can not handle it - it was 350W and should be working just fine,but may be it was "broken".However,thanks and appreciate.;)